Annoucement: Amsterdam Spyderco mini meet 2010

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

Thank you Jur.

Hope to see and speak you guys there.

Robert.
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Hi Jurphaas,

you've got PM.

Dennis
A-Knife

Post by A-Knife »

Just got back from the mini meet. Was great. Thanks Sal, Eric and Jur for the open and relaxed atmosphere. Really look forward to all of those new knives. Finally, thanks for the goodie bag, much appreciated.
Regards,
André
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Back home after a great meet. Many thanks to Sal, Gail, Eric and Jur for making this possible and giving us a sneak peek at all the great knives Spyderco have been working on lately. I was especially caught by the Sage 3 and the italian-made Squeak. The bolt-action lock reminds me of Benchmade's AXIS lock (looks and 'interface'), but because of the totally different way it works, I find it to be a nicer lock. Spyderco found a way of creating a lock that works as easy as the AXIS lock, but without the disadvantages ;) Good job!

The Squeak got my attention as it was even smaller than the Urban, which for me was too small. However, the Squeak beautifully fit my hand, regardless of its smaller size. If this knife can be sold for a price of about 50-60 euros, this may be a best seller :)

Finally: the GOODIE BAG :D I expected an engraved bug, and a catalog, and maybe some things like a Bug or a pin, but I certainly did not expect to find a nice FRN UK Penknife. Many thanks to the Spyderco crew for a great day, and some great new goodies! :D
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

Had a great time.
It was like meeting friends.
All those snapping Spyderco locks, awesome.
Thanks guys.
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

It was a great day, and I was really charmed by the FRN UKPK Lightweight gift. That was very nice. This is an interesting high value knife, and when I arrived at home I immediately created a video review of it. Check it out, if you're interested!
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Sad not to have made it to the mini meet. Am looking forwards to some infos about the Sage 3! Sounds like you guys had fun there.
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Dagon wrote:It was a great day, and I was really charmed by the FRN UKPK Lightweight gift. That was very nice. This is an interesting high value knife, and when I arrived at home I immediately created a video review of it. Check it out, if you're interested!
I see they also put some drop-point versions in those goody bags too :) I'm more than happy with my leaf-shaped version though. Not really into the drop-point model, so I guess I got extra lucky. :D
Jijoel

Post by Jijoel »

Had a great time at the meet.
About 70 knifeknuts in 1 room with a lot of spyderco knives making noise :spyder: .

Nice speaches from Sal and Eric.
So family Glesser and off course Jurphaas thanks for this get together.

And thanks for the :spyder: goody bag.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

any squeak pics or sage 3 pics/info?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

did they confirm all 3 colors will have all 3 edges?
the ukpk frn i mean.
--an eye for an eye--

tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

nice goodie bags, it looks like you guys had fun.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Does anyone have any hi-res pictures of the drop point version of the UKPK that was in the goodie bag?
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

Hi Jur,

Thanks for organizing a very nice Spydermeet, you did a great job.
We had a great day with you and the Glesser family.
So many beautiful knives and we hope that some of them will reach production.

till next time in June at the DKE,

Daniel & Werner
The only good knive is my sharp Spyderco........
Jijoel

Post by Jijoel »

SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

Great photos, thanks! It looks much better than in the catalog.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

SaturnNyne wrote:Great photos, thanks! It looks much better than in the catalog.
WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE BLUE LEAF BLADE! :p
--an eye for an eye--

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i really like that UKPK lightweight, i especially like the fact that it is not fully flat ground, it gives more eye candy on the blade itself & the handle has really good ergos too.

i hope i never HAVE to carry one but if the laws change it will be that one sofar.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Whieee wrote:Back home after a great meet. Many thanks to Sal, Gail, Eric and Jur for making this possible and giving us a sneak peek at all the great knives Spyderco have been working on lately. I was especially caught by the Sage 3 and the italian-made Squeak. The bolt-action lock reminds me of Benchmade's AXIS lock (looks and 'interface'), but because of the totally different way it works, I find it to be a nicer lock. Spyderco found a way of creating a lock that works as easy as the AXIS lock, but without the disadvantages ;) Good job!

The Squeak got my attention as it was even smaller than the Urban, which for me was too small. However, the Squeak beautifully fit my hand, regardless of its smaller size. If this knife can be sold for a price of about 50-60 euros, this may be a best seller :)

Finally: the GOODIE BAG :D I expected an engraved bug, and a catalog, and maybe some things like a Bug or a pin, but I certainly did not expect to find a nice FRN UK Penknife. Many thanks to the Spyderco crew for a great day, and some great new goodies! :D
wow congrats to everyone!!!

All the knives (plus the ones not pictured), the fun, the goodies! My eyes are spinning with jealosy like a slot machine :) . In a good way I mean.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Jijoel wrote: Image

is it just me? but it seems that the Gin-1 in this pic is not heat treated like the AUS-6 Trainer's ?