Annoucement: Amsterdam Spyderco mini meet 2010

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jurphaas

Annoucement: Amsterdam Spyderco mini meet 2010

Post by Jurphaas »

[CENTER]Invitation to the 6th Spyderco Amsterdam Mini Meet.[/CENTER]
Spyderco invites all Spyderco-and other knife enthusiasts to its 6th Spyderco Amsterdam Mini Meet. The 2009 the Spyderco mini-meet fell victim to the economical crisis, however, for 2010 the Amsterdam Spyderco mini-meet is on again! With great pleasure Sal, Gail & Eric Glesser invite you all to be their guest at this exclusive 2010 Amsterdam mini-meet!

The 2010 mini meet will be held at the Mercure Amsterdam Airport Hotel on March 7, 2010, and will be the only Spyderco mini-meet in 2010!

As usual, Sal & Eric will bring, explain & discuss many prototypes and concept models with you. An exclusive preview at some of the most exciting future Spyderco models will be given. This is a one-time only possibility not to be missed for the real Spyderco enthusiast.

This invitation is not restricted to the members of the Spyderco forums, it extends to all NL and European cutlery enthusiasts willing to join Spyderco for this exclusive Amsterdam event.

Please note, that due to the nature of this exclusive Spyderco event we do not allow selling, trading, and the swapping of articles of any kind during this event.

Location: Mercure Amsterdam Airport Hotel, Oude Haagweg 20, 1066 BW Amsterdam - Amsterdam South – find the route and map at: http://www.mercure.com or at http://www.accor.com.)

Date & Time: Sunday March 7, 2010 from 10:00 until 15:00 hrs. Greet & meet in the hotel bar from 15:00 until 16:00 hrs.

Parking: At the hotel parking lot. (Paid parking – not covered by Spyderco).

Access: For easy access to the Mercure Amsterdam Airport hotel by car or by public Transportation, please check the Mercure and Accor websites.

Registration: Seating is limited therefore, registration is required. If you would like to join this event, please register by sending me an e-mail at:

[CENTER]jurvanrietschoten@planet.nl.[/CENTER]

Please provide your name and the names of your party members. You will then be added to the guest list.
For foreign guests coming over to visit the Spyderco Amsterdam mini-meet the Mercure Airport hotel offers a limited number of hotel rooms available at a discounted rate. Check this with the reception desk at: 0049 20512 67 23 while mentioning the Spyderco Meeting March 7.

On behalf of Spyderco, I hope to welcome many new and many familiar faces!

Jurphaas van Rietschoten.
Spyderco Inc.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
JaM

Post by JaM »

Ooooohhh... tempting... I have to discuss this with the homefront though, being close to a birthday and all that...

But thanks for organizing this !! Much appreciated ! :)
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Cool, sounds like an awesome opportunity.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh....

And what's up with the Solingen mini show? Don't say it was ditched :(

Dennis
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Come on Dennis, plan a trip to Amsterdam. Let me guess; Koblenz - Amsterdam on a weekend ... a 4 hour drive. You are happily invited to join the fun and meet "The Man" himself.
Jurphaas. :D
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

Hi Jur,

PM send, :)

thanks,

Werner
The only good knive is my sharp Spyderco........
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

Hi Jur,

please let me know when the meeting will be held Saturday the 6th of March or Sunday the 7th of march!

kind regards,

Werner
The only good knive is my sharp Spyderco........
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

First the factory outlet sale now this.... Ugh

:D
Come Join Us Click Here
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I might be able to make it as I will be living in Germany next year, I'll have to see what my schedule is and if I can get a flight (woo ryanair).
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Jurphaas wrote:Come on Dennis, plan a trip to Amsterdam. Let me guess; Koblenz - Amsterdam on a weekend ... a 4 hour drive. You are happily invited to join the fun and meet "The Man" himself.
Jurphaas. :D
Jurphaas,

I'm seriously considering that. It's been awhile since I met you and the Glessers. Will Ed be with you again?

Dennis

@npueppke, if you won't be staying in the east of Germany, it would be overkill to fly. A car will do fine :D
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Murdoc wrote:Jurphaas,

I'm seriously considering that. It's been awhile since I met you and the Glessers. Will Ed be with you again?

Dennis

@npueppke, if you won't be staying in the east of Germany, it would be overkill to fly. A car will do fine :D
Yeah I looked again, train looks like a better option (I won't own a car over there). I'm considering going, looks like a sweet opportunity (being fairly new to Spyderco especially). We'll see.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Let me know where you'll be staying. Maybe we can work something out.

Dennis
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Count me in! :)

Note for train-travellers: you can take a free shuttle-bus from Schiphol Airport to the hotel.

edit: Jur, you've got mail
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

I will probably attend!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Sweet! Naturally, you can count me in!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i am feeling very tempted to go... although i'm trying to put off international travel until after next summer.

maybe next year i'll do something really crazy and fly out to attend???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

*impatiently awaiting confirmation* :D

Time to fast-forward to March 7th 2010 :p
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

Oh how I wish I were there!
War is mostly waiting.
Nemo3000

Post by Nemo3000 »

Hello everyone,

I'll be there, thanks to Jur !
So you can count on me (but not beyond 5000, because then I get bored... :D )
Amsterdam, the other country of cheese, here I come !

cheers
Nemo
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Whieee - All who have registered so far have been sent a confirmation. This includes you.

Nemo - Good to have you on board. Sal will enjoy meeting you again and so will I.

Dennis - I don't know if Ed will be coming to the meet. As you know, Micheal Janich joined the Spyderco ranks and it might be so that he will travel with Sal and the gang as I presume (but not for sure!!) that he will be with us for the IWA show in Nürnberg a week later.... However I have no confirmation on this yet!

Alright guys spread the word and come to Amsterdam to see the fantastic future models we are working on and to meet Sal, Gail & Eric!

Cheers, :)
Jurphaas
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *