WD-40?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sc_rebel1957

Post by sc_rebel1957 »

ok has anyone tried a product called Break Free CLP.i started using it on guns awhile back since it doesnt harm blued finishes, so far its worked great on my knives too..not sure how it would taste on a sandwich tho.it kinda penetrates and leaves a film on blades preventing rust.ive not used it on any decent high end knives yet just a few Gerbers and Colts...did notice that if u leave it on for 5 mins b4 wiping the blade down it lasts longer....ron
spydieman

Post by spydieman »

I use Break Free CLP to clean my firearms, but I usually lube the internals with Rem oil or 3-in-1 Household oil after cleaning.
I haven't seen anyone mention 3-in-1, and you can get it at Wal Mart. Does anyone know anything bad about 3-in-1? It seems to work well.

Mark.
thorin hammer

Post by thorin hammer »

One thing I like to do with WD-40 is spray it on a cloth and just use the cloth to clean the blade, a la an oil cloth. I just keep the cloth on a zip lock bag. Then I use White Lightning for the pivot.
If you do use WL make sure you let it dry very well. Otherwise it will collect dust like white on rice. Also, use very little WL, one drop per side. Any more is just a waste.

Some laws permit, what honor dose not.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

3 in 1 oil is a good oil IMO.Its just that it is out dated by some of the others that are synthic and have teflon.

Jeff }{
Knife Knut

Post by Knife Knut »

A thread that the newbies need to see.

Knife Knut on a shoestring budget. <P>RKBA