What is your small Spydie edc?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Noble

Post by Noble »

If the tenacious counts as a small knife, then thats the smallest i carry, or own for that matter. I really want a d'fly. Such a good size for me in the smaller spectrum of spydie offerings. Handsome too.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I've been looking for the ideal small EDC for a while now. I thought a locking Urban would be perfect, as the Dragonfly lightweight is a bit too small for me. However, now that my EDC rotation includes the mid-size Endura, Para and ATR, my beloved Caly3 is almost never carried in jeans or chinos. Thus it is now my default small EDC for suits and dressier clothes.

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
noddy

Post by noddy »

I find the Urban is occasional wear - not Sunday best - but something for a change.

So, it is the UKPK/Caly3 range really

The DKPK is more like it, bit it isn't the main contender.

Eyeing up the G10 Rookie though :)
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

even though I was (and usually still am) surrounded by / covered in larger folders and fixed blades, in Zambia, I got into the habit of always having a small, extra sharp little big knife for precise cuts. my dragonfly SS in ATS-55 has been holding it down for quite a long time... love that steel. :D

Just ordered a SE H1 Ladybug -- I want to make sure I also have the essentials on my keychain. I'm excited to give that knife a try... and also, to take it along as a fly fishing tool... :D

Pumped for the hawkbill ladybug... :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I carry my Spin all the time as my money clip. Used to use an old almite Cricket for money clip, but its too thick now and I like the Spin now. I like to also carry a larger knife - last couple months has been my orange UKPK. Or when going suit and tie, I carry my Kopa Pearl/Abalone.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
SamMaxRay

Post by SamMaxRay »

As of yesterday it's the G10 Dragonfly. Before that the FRN Dfly. Also the Urban's. Very rare the G10 Rookie.

I am sure I have said it before, put a lock on those Urban's and would be near perfect (for me).
bell

Navigator

Post by bell »

My small EDC is the Navigator with custom green canvas Micarta slabs and titanium low rise clip by STR.
Attachments
navigator.jpg
navigator.jpg (18.18 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

I like carrying a cricket with a photon light clipped on the lanyard hole. Gives a funky four fingered grip that is sort of comfortable.

Nice pics and knives everybody!
araneae

Post by araneae »

I rotate small edc's. I like the wings slipit, urban, and d'flies the best. Around the house i usually have a ladybug, starling or g-10 finch on me.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

when the ladyhawk comes out i'll have a small spydie to edc as a keychain until then....
noddy

Post by noddy »

Funny that, Simon G on the BB site just said make the Dragonfly a slipjoint and it would be perfect edc :D :D
SamMaxRay wrote:As of yesterday it's the G10 Dragonfly. Before that the FRN Dfly. Also the Urban's. Very rare the G10 Rookie.

I am sure I have said it before, put a lock on those Urban's and would be near perfect (for me).
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

noddy wrote:Funny that, Simon G on the BB site just said make the Dragonfly a slipjoint and it would be perfect edc :D :D
But would he be saying that if he could legally carry the locking version?

As for a locking Urban, I'd say the Kopa fills that niche.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

For me it's a Red FRN circa 1980's Ladybug, sits in my watch pocket of my jeans always....It's my most used knife....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

For me it's a Red FRN circa 1980's Ladybug, sits on my watch pocket of my jeans always, has a small lanyard on it for fishing it out when needed.....It's my most used knife....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I like my SE FRN Dragonfly as a small EDC. I like an Endura or UKPK most of the time though.
Ed Gordon

Post by Ed Gordon »

I have carried a FRN dragonfly on and off for about 10 years. I recently picked up a Kopa with the stacked wood handles and have been using it for work carry. I have a small dyad and throw it in my pocket on occasion also. I am wanting to try a Kiwi at some point also. Have a spin on the way and look forward to giving it a try too.
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

For me my small knives have been either my Cricket or Harpy. Usually carried along with either my Military or Police 3. Its really hard to beat these four knives for my EDC.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

I carried the cricket today. Totally unobtrusive in the pocket. I literally didn't feel it clipped to my pocket the whole day.
It fulfilled all of my knife chores for the day too!
ColonelX1

Post by ColonelX1 »

i almost exclusively carry small spydies, at the moment the Wharnie urban has been getting the most pocket time, then the jester, and then on special occausions, the CF Kiwi rides wit me
Pick a Card, Any Card

:My Spyders:spyder:
Orange G10 Wharnie Urban 064v
Blue/grey Waved Delica 4 (gifted to my close friend who is headed to Anapolis)
Black FRN Jester Ghetto Wave

ATS-55 SS harpy in full spyder edge!(loved, and then gifted to a Plebe at annapolis)
Carbon Fiber KIWI
Manix2CE 064v Ghetto Wave
SSSE Cricket
Delica4 full SE Ghetto Wave

May your food be rich, your knives be honed, your women be sweet, and your good friends stoned.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

That would be my FG Ladybug/SE :)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p