Cat Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
haydenlaw

Cat Question

Post by haydenlaw »

In another thread, Deacon said
The Deacon wrote:The CF Walker lock Sage is one of the best knives Spyderco produces. The fit and finish are superb, ergonmics are excellent, and the materials are high quality. It's also an incredibly good value.
My first Spyderco was the CF Sage and I love it. What I'm wondering is how much like it the eagerly awaited Cat will be? They're the same basic design I think, they're carbon fiber and Walker lock. Anybody have an idea if the Cat's fit and finish will be as great as the Sage?

I'm very attracted by the Native iv - love the blade design and the CF - and it's available now, but I really like the Walker lock with its ease of opening. The smaller knives are harder to open anyhow - so an easier lock would be better - for me at least. Any comments?

Susan
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

I too am looking forward to this knife. waiting to see the final details and pricing of it before i jump in headfirst.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

When the Cat/Boston comes out it will automatically jump to the top of my list. I like knives that size and since my son 'stole' my Sage, I need a CF/Walker knife! :D To the question of if the fit and finish will be similar to Sage, I havent seen anything Spyderco puts out to be of questionable quality.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
roguesoul

Post by roguesoul »

Susan,

The Cat will be great. It will have two advantages over the Sage. Smaller size and thinner blade material.

I doubt many would find unlocking a Native IV difficult. But alas I choose not to buy the Native IV so I could be wrong.

Check out the Terzuola. It isn't full flat ground but it cuts almost as well as the Sage because of its thinner blade stock.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Love to see the CAT soon! :)

Q:
Where is it made?
What blade steel?
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
hickster

Post by hickster »

If I recall correctly, it will be a Japan made knife. I remember someone (Sal?) saying that the carbon fiber will not be the twill as used on the Sage. I was kind of put off by that because I REALLY like the twill.
hickster
Cave Dave

Post by Cave Dave »

The first batch of Cat's were already sent to Spyderco, but were rejected because they did not meet Sal's high standards. So, nobody including Sal can answer the question on quality as of yet. I assume spyderco is putting pressure on the factory to try harder on the next batch or they will switch factories which would delay the whole project.