Caly3 / Caly3 ZDP-189 To Be Discontinued?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

MCM wrote:I was thinking these two might be drying up soon, so I snagged 'em last month.
Missed the blow out price, but worth every penny regardless!

IMHO the Sage CF will still be around long after the Sage 2 is phased out. Why? Because it has probably the best value for money among all Spyderco knives.
noddy

Post by noddy »

I just put a mirror finish on the blade of my G10 Caly3 - looks and feels amazing now

Give it a whirl :)
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Man, you guys sure make it difficult to resist jumping online and ordering a caly3 or sage myself! But I have spent too much money already this month on knives, and since I did get a Forum Native, the blade shape wouldn't really give me much difference. I do have a Spyderhawk also on the way, though.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

rodloos wrote:Man, you guys sure make it difficult to resist jumping online and ordering a caly3 or sage myself! But I have spent too much money already this month on knives, and since I did get a Forum Native, the blade shape wouldn't really give me much difference. I do have a Spyderhawk also on the way, though.
My advice: sell you Forum Native at the current crazy prices, and buy a Caly CF and a Sage CF. ;)
carrot

Post by carrot »

True or not, this thread gave me reason to hop online and pick up a Caly CF. Thanks guys!
Latest :spyder: -- Blurple Para2
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I can't believe someone picked up a CF for $107! I got mine last year for $130, and I though that was a good price.

Seriously, I hope the Caly 3 doesn't get discontinued, I think it is a classic design for a folding knife.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

telemeister wrote:Seriously, I hope the Caly 3 doesn't get discontinued, I think it is a classic design for a folding knife.
Maybe there is some top-secret Caly4 just waiting to take its place... :D
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
noddy

Post by noddy »

I just discovered that Cutlery Shoppe are a really very good set up. They solved a complicated delivery difficulty for me in the blink of an eye :)
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

both calys were sent out today to me from knifecenter.com. i spoke to howard personaly and he sent both out. also i got the sage 2 titanium hanlde coming too... just incase these knives are disapearing?
csshih

Post by csshih »

carrot wrote:True or not, this thread gave me reason to hop online and pick up a Caly CF. Thanks guys!
:eek: coincidence that I would eventually check out this thread?
I think not.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

The only place I have seen that has the Caly 3 carbon fiber so steeply discounted is Cutlery Shoppe. Maybe they are just having a big sale. If it were discontinued, wouldn't more dealers have it at a reduced price?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

i may have to pick up a CF Caly3. at the price i'm seeing...looks like a good deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)