2009 Forum Knife Go LIVE Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

Great I'll check it out.
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
GeorgeMaggos

That was me : )

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

J Smith wrote:Who ever scores the last one should get some sort of prize.
Had the day off (yea) :D then the phone rang I was called into work @ 6:20am for a 8:00am start :eek: to replace a no show :( I got there hit the ground running I was as busy as a one armed wallpaper hanger & never came out until 4:30pm rushed home & read the thread, oh no, one left :confused: loged in & bought it but wanted more (2) one to use & one for the safe ;) oh well.

Just grateful I got one & it was the last one so I guess it was meant to be :)

I wont be buying any of these off the bay or at a premium I will be happy with the the only one ( the last one sold :cool: ) I scored.

~George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

cmott69 wrote:Has anyone received a confirmation email yet?
I got a confirmation email and then also a second email stating that it shipped today.

Then again I placed my order online at 10:01am MDT (12:01PM Eastern Time).
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
cmott69

Post by cmott69 »

Funny, I purchased two and haven't heard anything.
anti-torsion

Post by anti-torsion »

cmott69 wrote:Funny, I purchased two and haven't heard anything.
While at the SFO they were getting ready to ship as fast as possible but had over 100 in the backlog PLUS attending to the customers (like me) that walk in and bug them :D
pcmike

Post by pcmike »

J Smith.... I'll take two as well please. Just PM me on here or CPF how much and where to send Paypal.

Also any chance of some Tritium skulls? :)

Thanks.
J Smith wrote:A pic of what will be on its way to you in the morning.
I think the purple is very close to the same as in the Native.Also look for a little something else in the package.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

My confirmation e-mail was time stamped 10:03AM MT, but I didn't get a "shipped" e-mail.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

ARGH. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to place-kick. I am upset! :mad:
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
MaxStatic

Post by MaxStatic »

I got confirm emails but no shipping notices. I'm sure they are plenty busy down in Golden. I can wait. :D
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I called in while all this was going on (about a completely unrelated matter) and it sounded like they called "all hands to battle stations" or something. The lady I talked to told me she usually worked upstairs but that they had her answering phone "down here" for the time being.

I'm sure it was a madhouse selling 300 knives in what, 7-8 hours? Not to mention, then having to package, invoice, etc., all of them. Most of us probably WON'T get a shipping confirmation until Wednesday. I kind of expected that.

Busy, busy day for Spyderco and it's employees.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Free Radical

Post by Free Radical »

Free Radical wrote:I thought this was only available to Forum Members only and the code will be sent out through email/pm.

I'm not complaining. I'm just a little worried that I won't be able to get one in time.
OK just got home and on to the computer. My worst fear has come true...sold out. :mad:

Guess, I'll have to find one on the Bay.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HONESTY COMMUNICATION ACCURACY SPEED[/CENTER]
[CENTER] "Spyderco proudly sets the standard in cutlery and other markets by delivering innovative, reliable, high-performance products. We always extend our best effort to conduct business in an honest, fair and proper manner. Our success is measured by making money and having fun."[/CENTER]
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

David Lowry wrote:I got a confirmation email and then also a second email stating that it shipped today.

Then again I placed my order online at 10:01am MDT (12:01PM Eastern Time).
Mine was placed seven minutes later, and I got only the confirmation, the shipping department must have been deluged. :D
cmott69 wrote:Funny, I purchased two and haven't heard anything.
Several possibilities. You could have mistyped your email address? Your email service provider's spam filters may have been overly aggressive and rejected it. Your email client's spam filters may have been overly aggressive and rejected it. It could be sitting in a queue somewhere in cyberspace. We think of email as virtually instantaneous, because it usually is, but occasionally one does rattle around in the ether for quite a while. Spyderco's email system may have been overwhelmed by the volume.
bohica1998 wrote:I called in while all this was going on (about a completely unrelated matter) and it sounded like they called "all hands to battle stations" or something. The lady I talked to told me she usually worked upstairs but that they had her answering phone "down here" for the time being.

I'm sure it was a madhouse selling 300 knives in what, 7-8 hours? Not to mention, then having to package, invoice, etc., all of them. Most of us probably WON'T get a shipping confirmation until Wednesday. I kind of expected that.

Busy, busy day for Spyderco and it's employees.
Yep, it's a great company, just not set up to be the Home Shopping Network. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Couple observations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I don't think there would be any justification for annoyance if Spyderco did decide to produce another batch. I also think few, if any, here would sympathize with the speculators if they did protest. More likely, folks would say "serves you right for trying to play the system".

The idea of a Forum Knife is that forumites should be able to purchase one. But, making even 300 was something of a risk for Spyderco, given the sales of past Forum Models, so I could understand if the feel making another batch, even in light of how quickly the first 300 sold, might be too big a risk.

On the other hand I still think, given the fact there are 300 of them, once the initial frenzy dies down the price will stabilize at around the price those who purchased them today paid.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

...making even 300 was something of a risk for Spyderco...
Somehow, after seeing the first batch of 300 USN Enduras go in 24 hours, I had a feeling this one was going to be a sellout too. I WAS a bit surprised how FAST they went though.

300 knives in 8 hours and a hair! Whew!
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Wraithe9113

Post by Wraithe9113 »

AAARGGGHHH

Did not get back home until 1030 pm pacific time. All sold out. Great for Spyderco, sucks for me. This was going to be my first Native. Maybe I can snag one on ebay for the sell price. (yeah right)

Way to go Spryderco. Rest up tomorrow at the SFO, you gys deserve it.

Cheers
Delica 4 CE (LOST :()| Tasman SE | Spin | Benchmade Griptillian PS | Captain | Tenacious SE
westfork

Post by westfork »

I purchased some extra forum knives for friends who really appreciate Spyderco quality. I think they may be just as happy with the Manix2. I would like to let two forum knives go at cost to two forum members who did not receive any and who did not air too many sour grapes about it on this forum. However, I do not want to be flooded with pm's and emails.
Maybe there are others who would like to do the same with an extra knife they really don't "need" and we could work out an organized system of distributing these to forum members who were unable to get a single forum knife to keep.
Any thoughts?
Lloyd
jimbo@stn24

Well done Lloyd!

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

Very nice gesture Lloyd, great style. :)

I too thought I could dilly-dally and wait a day or two to make a move, perhaps avoid some of the morning madhouse ordering. I've been a part of it with the mule program and quite frankly thought they would last the week.

I'm sure there are a couple of fine upstanding forumites that would take you up on your most generous offer. Very befitting of a :spyder: forumite.

No ideas spring to mind on how to work the offer though.
WTC #1455
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

westfork wrote:I purchased some extra forum knives for friends who really appreciate Spyderco quality. I think they may be just as happy with the Manix2. I would like to let two forum knives go at cost to two forum members who did not receive any and who did not air too many sour grapes about it on this forum. However, I do not want to be flooded with pm's and emails.
Maybe there are others who would like to do the same with an extra knife they really don't "need" and we could work out an organized system of distributing these to forum members who were unable to get a single forum knife to keep.
Any thoughts?
Lloyd
Very Cool!!!!Goes to show there are still some good peeps in the world, and what do ya know they love :spyder: 's....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MaxStatic

Post by MaxStatic »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the knives showed up several days before the shipping confirmation does.
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

I got the shipping conformation for mine this morning.

Tom
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I ordered mine via phone yesterday.... He did not ask for a email but he did give me a order #.... I guess I can call in for the status?
Come Join Us Click Here