What Is your Spyderco Knife and Flashlight Combo?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Toad310

What Is your Spyderco Knife and Flashlight Combo?

Post by Toad310 »

I have several:

Yellow Surefire G2 with my Pacific Salt.

Emerson Endura with my Surefire E2DL

Orange ladybug and AAA Arc

Orange Military and Kroma or U2

Tufram Co-Pilot and Surefire L1 or E1B Backup

Delica or Endura and Surefire Kroma

Delica or Edura with Surefire U2

And...I love to carry my Toad with my Surefire Titanium Titan flashlight around the house at night

Also a bunch of Ladybug/Photon Microlight combos.

I love having a knife and light with me at all times.

What are your combonations?

All the best,

Toad
Noble

Post by Noble »

Nitecore EX10 Or my Olight M20 R2 with either,

Millie....Pac Salt.....or Tenacious. Perfect Lights, My only knives. Easy Peasy.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

M-Fr: Persian/Caly3/Novatac 120T
Weekends: Persian/Native4/Novatac120T
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The Fenix EO1 that rides along with a Burgundy Micarta Jester on my keyring is the only knife/flashlight combo I normally carry. Aside from that, I keep a Boker Impact II convertible in the glove compartment of my car, a Boker 6061-T6 in the shoulder bag I use to carry to work and now carry when hiking, and a couple Streamlite Twin-Tasks strategically placed around the apartment.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
oregon

Post by oregon »

Endura 4 plain with Quark AA regular from 4Sevens.

I carry both in the right front pocket.

I've never lost the E4 thanks to the excellent pocket clip and the Quark stays put, mostly, with the pocket clip and lanyard attached to a regular carabiner one of my belt loops.

oregon
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

whatever the knife, I always carry a ARC AAA-P. It is not super bright like a surefire but it is brighter than a minimag and is definitely one of the most durable flashlights out there. Plus it is small enough to put on a key chain. What amazes me is that this light can give you several hours of light on a dead battery from another flashlight.

Praxis

Post by Praxis »

ZDP SE Endura 4 and a Surefire-Aleph lego light consisting of a Surefire E2D tailcap, Surefire E1B body and an Aleph 19 head with Cree R4 light engine. It's a pocket rocket, but it kills standard rechargables after about 4 minutes of runtime.

Overall, a good functional combo. :D :rolleyes: :D
white cloud

Post by white cloud »

i always have a surefire backup, fenix lod and sak. these three are augmented by either a tasman salt, chinook2 or yojimbo depending on mood and activities.
STi

Post by STi »

Caly 3- Jetbeam Jet 2 Pro
UKPK- Dereelight C2H R2 emitter
Urban- Fenix LD01

iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

My Surefire E1L Outdoorsman (LED) accompanies all my Spydies, along with a red Photon Microlight II on an SAK Explorer.

A Surefire G2Z LED accompanies all my SIGs. :D

Regards,
Ira

The following photo was taken before I received my ATR and USN Endura:
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

really depends wildly upon the situation.

for the last couple oil spills, its been my tasman SE, pacific PE, aqua salt, fenix L2D, inova X5T, and surefire C2. really helps to have extra lights and knives, just in case.

the L2D was great, but now, for whatever reason, only does the brightest setting, and strobe. i mostly just used the brightest setting anyway... but if i was in a survival situation (which i very well could be, considering where i live, and my array of outdoor hobbies), i'd want something with more options for greater burn times.

just ordered a nitecore D10, which will be my new all-around EDC light. its widely variable burn time, and the fact that it runs on a single AA battery, should make it perfectly suited to our dark winters and my penchant for running around outdoors all the time.

for hiking, usually either the rock salt or aqua salt, then a PE pacific and SE tasman with 4 years of carry on each of them. and whatever else happens to be in my bag. and then the fenix L2D and inova X5T. and bear spray. plus my stainless Marlin 1895GS in .45-70, loaded up with hornady leverevolution bullets, 325 grains. or if the weather is nice and i'm in the mood for something different, a 12 gauge remington 870 full of 3" magnum slugs.

for fly fishing trips, a little clip-on pelican LED light someone gave me, my fenix L2D, a pair of toenail clippers, rock salt, PE pacific... and then oodles of fly fishing stuff suited to the situation.

at work, usually the chokwe prototype or CF S30V mili, and then whatever is in my bag... currently, SE E4 wave, SE caly 3, boker subclaw, fenix L2D, inova X5T. or, if i have to walk in the rain, i opt for a pacific and tasman.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
jag-engr

Post by jag-engr »

EDC combo: UKPK & Fenix P2T RB080 or Caly3 & Fenix P2T RB 080

Nightstand combo: Swick & Nitecore EX10 (with trit in piston and set to low)

Hard-use combo: Salt 1 & Fenix P1D Lux III
casey

Post by casey »

Sage CF & Neutral White Quark AA/14500.
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

This is how it will be for a while:

Chokwe + Novatac EDC 120 T + ARC-P Cowboy

Endura 4 SE ZDP + Surefire LX2 Lumamax + Arc-P

Urban Orange Wharnie + Arc-P
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

UKPK Orange + Nitecore D10 - most common
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

My Surefire E1L Outdoorsman (LED), plus, Yojimbo,ChinookII, Waved Endura, Ladybug, Ronin, Merlin, Rock Salt...Todays carry...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
kz1000s1

Post by kz1000s1 »

Usually a Paramilitary or native with a Quark AA Tactical/14500 battery for EDC.
Bedside combo is the Para with a Novatac 85P(modded with a warm K2 TFFC LED) and a Maglite 1C/P7 LED mod.

Post by ricochetrider »

i have a Spyderco Delica, and just got an Emerson Rescue model (fully serrated), too, which i'll add as my full time work knife...max lumens by Surefire, the G2LED model.
why mess around, after all?
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

casey wrote:Sage CF & Neutral White Quark AA/14500.
That's what I carry at work as well. Great light and wonderful knife ;)

Usually carry one of the Millies and Surefire C2 2-stage with a warm white Malkoff when outdoors.

Dressy carry is a C42 Viele and warm white Nitecore EX-1:cool:

I'm getting an OD 500 lumen warm white Surefire U2 from Milky pretty soon :D

Sverre
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I dont really have a favorite combo but here are the only two flashlights I carry. Surefire 6P and The executive elite. Small and probably my favorite.
Attachments
flashknife.jpg
flashknife.jpg (46.8 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!