any news about g-10 dragonfly?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
diver15

any news about g-10 dragonfly?

Post by diver15 »

Does anybody know the latest about the G-10 dragonfly. I can't wate to buy one but I have been hearing mixed rumors like that it won't come out till next year or it will not come out at all :eek: . Can anyone put my mind at ease?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Ir's in the 09 Catalog Supplement, which came out a couple months back. I'd say that pretty well relegates the "never" rumors to total BS, unless of course the Yellowstone super volcano blows and buries everything west of the Mississippi under ten feet of ash.

I'd also say it means, as of then, Spyderco was pretty confident it would ship before mid-November, when the 2010 models are announced. So am fairly confident the "next year" rumors will be proven wrong as well. One dealer seems to be reporting "mid September" and, while that may be optimistic, I'd say there's an excellent chance it wlll arrive sometime between then and mid November. But of course, that's only a guess.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
sal

Post by sal »

I understand that Mid September is realistic. I've been carrying a production sample for about 2 weeks. Very nice piece.

sal
Sammax

Post by Sammax »

That's Great news! The Dragonfly was my first Spyderco so it has special meaning to me. Sal you need my address so you can ship that sample to me? haha
a.k.a. Donnie
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Can't wait, Sal! Hope to see it then!
RockyMatt

Excited

Post by RockyMatt »

I have been looking forward to this one for a long time.

Can't wait!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

http://www.knifeworks.com has them listed already and are "coming soon".
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Any news about whether it will have jimping on the thumb ramp?
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

D1omedes wrote:Any news about whether it will have jimping on the thumb ramp?
yes. look at the supplement catalogue ;) :D
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

sal wrote:I understand that Mid September is realistic. I've been carrying a production sample for about 2 weeks. Very nice piece.

sal
Great can't wait...it's gonna be an expensive Fall, but thats a good thing ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Blade Crazy is now saying September 29th. Did something change?
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Knife Center says they have them in stock right now with a couple other Spyderco Surprises
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

RIOT wrote:Knife Center says they have them in stock right now with a couple other Spyderco Surprises
Where did you find that? Under availability it says it's a "delayed new product- pre-sale only at this time."
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

redyps04 wrote:Where did you find that? Under availability it says it's a "delayed new product- pre-sale only at this time."

I called and asked and it just so happened they had them, i picked up some Spyderhawks but they did say they also had the G10 Dragonfly
SamMaxRay

Post by SamMaxRay »

They (knifecenter) was closed when I called at about 5:45 PM E yesterday. So i filled out an order on their web site.

Their price is higher (around $94) than knifeworks which shows around $82 I think. Neither show that they have it in stock.
sal

Post by sal »

They're going through QC now.

It is, in my opinion, an exceptional piece.

sal
SamMaxRay

Post by SamMaxRay »

sal wrote:They're going through QC now.

It is, in my opinion, an exceptional piece.

sal
Thanks for the update Sal! You get up pretty early.

I called knife center and of course they don't have them but they do have my order.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

SamMaxRay wrote:They (knifecenter) was closed when I called at about 5:45 PM E yesterday. So i filled out an order on their web site.

Their price is higher (around $94) than knifeworks which shows around $82 I think. Neither show that they have it in stock.
They are also quoting different MSRP's for it. $20 different to be precise. One of them has to have the MSRP wrong, and may very well revise their selling price when they realize it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
vito72

Post by vito72 »

I ordered from knifecenter, and i have to admit they are fast and serious sellers,so even if they sell few dollars more some products i want trust them.Dragonfly still is not tagged as in stock but probably soon we will find them in stock as Sal said they could be on the way for them,i will buy one dragonfly G10 soon, probably i want order to them one Novatac 120T so i will try to save somthing with a multiple expedition overseas,but chowke and spyderhawk are on my list too...
Hard times...
sal

Post by sal »

This model is actually a Dragonfly2. It's the first variation. The new FRN model will be based on this design with the left/right wire clip and the new texture.

I should be starting another thread today on the FRN dragonfly. I need some research input before beginning the new mold.

The Dragonfly design has been around for many years. It's a good size with good ergos for the size. A difficult design challenge for the size.

sal