Hot Girl Spyderco Vid

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Agent Starling

sex = $$

Post by Agent Starling »

see video of hot chick, buy knife... :rolleyes:

but throwing a spyderco folder...puh-LEEZ!! :eek:

(not to mention the sacrilege! ;) )

she knows nothing!

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Agent Starling wrote:see video of hot chick, buy knife... :rolleyes:

but throwing a spyderco folder...puh-LEEZ!! :eek:

(not to mention the sacrilege! ;) )

she knows nothing!

Agent Starling
Good point, but throwing edged weapons is not nonsence, it could save your live - see comment of markq on page 1. I am doing FMA and Japanese martial arts (short time) and we were learning about throwing various things into face of attacker to save some time, or throwing edged weapons (shuriken, chopsticks, pen etc.). I think that it is her knife, and if it´s part of her test - why not. Look at the review of Fred Perrin on native folder - same test - fast draw, throwing knife to cardboard target ;) . I know alot about knives (really alot :D ) and even then I am sometimes throwing my new knives to cardboard target just to know, if it is well balanced, sometimes because I am bored :p (don´t call me fool), or to know, if lock is well made... I have not destroyed any knife yet and didn´t harm anyone, or me (always do it safe). No it is not nonsence or about noknoledge (funny word)

Ps.: no offense lady, I am really bad in english so some negative tone can be seen but not meant (really bad english, I don´t even know, if it is well written :D ) I hope, that you understand to this post fully or even in that main part.
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
KaliGman

Knife throwing

Post by KaliGman »

In general, in the real world, knife throwing is a distraction to your opponent at best and a quick way to disarm yourself at worst. Planning on stopping an attack with a thrown knife is poor planning indeed.

Routinely practicing throwing with a folder, such as a Spyderco, which has a blade that is designed (and heat treated) to optimize it for cutting is a recipe for breaking the tip off of the knife, destroying the lock, etc., while voiding the warranty.

Knife throwing can be a fun and relaxing way to pass some time, but it is of very, very, limited utility in real combat.

Oh, and on a one to ten hotness scale, she was about a 6 or so :p .
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
Paul 883215

Post by Paul 883215 »

KaliGman wrote:In general, in the real world, knife throwing is a distraction to your opponent at best and a quick way to disarm yourself at worst. Planning on stopping an attack with a thrown knife is poor planning indeed.

Routinely practicing throwing with a folder, such as a Spyderco, which has a blade that is designed (and heat treated) to optimize it for cutting is a recipe for breaking the tip off of the knife, destroying the lock, etc., while voiding the warranty.

Knife throwing can be a fun and relaxing way to pass some time, but it is of very, very, limited utility in real combat.

I don't know... Have you ever seen the movie The Hunted.
KaliGman

?

Post by KaliGman »

Paul 883215 wrote:I don't know... Have you ever seen the movie The Hunted.
You are kidding, right? Basing combat strategies around what happens in a Tommy Lee Jones movie (or any Hollywood action flick) is a pretty good way of getting seriously injured. Some of the Sayoc Kali stuff that was shown in that movie was pretty good, but quite a bit of the stuff shown was "Hollywood BS CombatDo".
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

KaliGman wrote:Basing combat strategies around what happens in a Tommy Lee Jones movie (or any Hollywood action flick) is a pretty good way of getting seriously injured.

Unless it's a Bruce Lee flick... ;)
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Thats why its called a movie
Paul 883215

Post by Paul 883215 »

Just Kidding :p
markg

Post by markg »

KaliGman wrote:In general, in the real world, knife throwing is a distraction to your opponent at best and a quick way to disarm yourself at worst. Planning on stopping an attack with a thrown knife is poor planning indeed.

Yea, I am with you on the 6 rating. :)
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

P.jester...knife throwing I have no problem with, as it is something I will learn one day...but NOT using my Spydie folders, especially not the pink- or purple-FRN handled ones...oi, what is this world coming to!
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Ribz

Post by Ribz »

Shes cute and all, :spyder: fan helps. But 2 1/3 sec at 5 feet and you are already one the ground or dead.
.Chris.

Post by .Chris. »

Only way I'd throw my knife is if I had another knife.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

.......her video, like much of what gets posted on youtube, seems not much more than what Warhol would have referred to as an attempt at "15 minutes of fame."

Equal access......let's just say it has it's drawbacks. For example.....is anyone really interested in watching another 8 minute video review of a Spyderco folding knife where the sole content consists of the reviewer incessantly opening and closing the knife and repeating "um" three hundred times ? ;) Which isn't to say I haven't seen a good review or two of a Spyderco on youtube. However, many of the video reviews there are primarily filled with "youthful enthusiasm" and lack thoughtful content.

But then again, "youthful enthusiasm" pays the bills....if you catch my drift.

- regards
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

While it gives no useful practical advice or information whatsoever...it is just refreshing to see a girl who likes knives, and seems to be having fun with something we like.

That's about it.

Otherwise, for me, I could care less about Youtube
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

markg wrote:A guy on a fourm once coined (actually he did not but he told the story of where it came from) a term for why we find women in "male" circumstances "hot." Consider all the women in the military or heck the UPS driver (female) that we think is "hot" but if you saw her at the "club" she would just be a girl next door. It is that her gender is out of context, and that peaks our interest.
male circumstances?

Sounds like the guy on the forum is a bit sexist to me. I also think it's assumptive at best to think that knives are "male." Just my 2 cents though.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

I'm just waiting for David Lowry's 2 cents worth on this one.... In the meantime, I would recommend McEvoy's books on knife throwing for the safety of us all. If anyone knows this girl, please forward a copy to her.
Spyderco Collector #162
markg

Post by markg »

Bluntrauma wrote:male circumstances?

Sounds like the guy on the forum is a bit sexist to me. I also think it's assumptive at best to think that knives are "male." Just my 2 cents though.
Sexist? No... He was simply refering to the fact that we men tend to find women in typically male roles as attractive, more so then if they found the same woman in a typical female setting. I am not sure that is a sexist statement. There is no value placed or assumptions made about the person's ablitity or lack thereof to do their job. It is about our (male) reaction to them. That in and of itself is up for debate as to what value we can place on that.

As for knives, I will assure you, at least 90-95% of knife fans are male. :)
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

I'm happy to know that knives, especially Spyderco knives, are appreciated by men and women alike. As for throwing a Spydie, please throw it at me. I'll catch it and add it to my collection. :)
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

There are knives that are designed specifically with the intent of throwing, the Endura isn't one of them.
gac

Post by gac »

Toad310 wrote:Otherwise, for me, I could care less about Youtube
Care less about YouTube?! How do you get your regular AC/DC fix when away from your CDs or MP3 player?