Crime Against a Mariner

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MountainManJim

Crime Against a Mariner

Post by MountainManJim »

Oh the pain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYDERCO-MARINER-SE ... 286.c0.m14

I think, it's just a maybe, but I think the warranty is out of the question.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
JCMED

Post by JCMED »

:eek: That is probably the worst mutilated "custom" knife I have ever seen. :mad:
Just Remember, Using while stupid may cause serious bodily injury!:eek:

Current :spyder: Wish List... Pacific Salt (black), Resilience, Persian, PPT, Super Leaf, + anything in 3v or 9cr... and the list goes on and on!:rolleyes:
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Yeah, I cringed when I looked at those pics and read the description! :eek: :(

The really sad thing is, it has two bids already. Someone is going to have second thoughts about any future Spyderco purchases after getting THIS knife!
15 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14PBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

I may have nightmares tonight. :eek: I can't get the images out of my head. To scare yourself, open the larger images. It's almost as bad as that Copilot awhile back.

Someone needs to explain to me what is going on with this "file work". Can you call something file work if you lose your grip of your dremel and it skips along the knife? :p

I'm scar for life.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Wow, if I did something like that I'd be too ashamed to show it to anybody else, let along sell it on ebay.
MCM

Post by MCM »

I saw this one earlier..... :eek:

This makes him a "Serial Killer"

"I hate to see a knife with out handles.I'm a knifemaker so i fix up knives and Spyderco is my number 1 knives to fix up."
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

First off......This guy needs to go back to school to learn the English language. Second.....If he is a knife maker and this Mariner is one of his "fixer up-ers", I'd really hate to see his "custom" work!! What a freakin' joke!!

I love how he throws his business card in for the last pic!!! Now we all know your real name....idiot!! I can't wait for this guy to try and push this crap on BladeForums or here on Spyderco Forums......he'll get laughed into oblivion, and hopefully banned shortly thereafter!!
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

Knife customization gone bad.

I mean color, choice of material, shape, embellishments are all a matter of taste.

Sloppy (or nonexistent) workmanship is not. Scratched blade, blocky scales, overall lack of proportion, and whatever he thinks damascus is... :eek:

He should have practiced a lot more before going commercial.

Ookami
________
Iolite vaporizer
oldschool

Post by oldschool »

Tha handle material looks like the panel of my kitchen sink.

The whole knife looks like a tank ran over it.
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Native PE
:spyder: Sage I
:spyder: Pacific Salt
:spyder: Delica 4 Blue
:spyder: Manix2 Blue Lightweight
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

oldschool wrote:Tha handle material looks like the panel of my kitchen sink.

The whole knife looks like a tank ran over it.
Spyderco used something similar (Corian) on one of the Spyderkeys. Idea is not bad, materials might actually look pretty good if done right, but the execution is extremely poor.

Seller name seems familar, am thinking it might be the same person who offered that equally sad looking customized Harpy a while ago.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

So sad.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
v8r

Post by v8r »

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :(
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

What's the problem? That knife will still "get the job did right the first time." :D I love how he says 911 when he means 411. Someone should definitely alert the authorities about the assault and battery that was performed on this knife! :eek:
Seanski

Post by Seanski »

This thread kind of reminds me of the time years ago when a friend of mine and I took our 22 cal rifles out for some plinking fun. He was sporting an ar-22 which if your not too familiar with the barrel unscrews from the stock portion of the gun and stores quite nicely in a small case. Anyhow, there we are shooting at some tin cans or something up in the mountains and he notices his shots are pulling to the side. Well with that particular gun the front site is moveable side to side but you have to carry around say a dowl and something softer to tap it to adjust your site.
Well guess what? He hadn't one. So he grabs this rock out of the dirt and starts to hammer the site and barrel with it trying to move the site over! Scratching both the barrel and the site he looks over at me after accomplishing his objective and see's the look of horror I guess on my face and says "Alden's gunsmithing 101." We still laugh about it years later but it's one of the few time's where we actually went out together and I could have shot him!

Sean
Use your blades in the kitchen, it's great bonding time!
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

I think we should all take a moment to mourn the loss of one of our dear comrades....

And since we have his name and stuff, isn't a 1-800 number to call for knife abuse?
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

I shall bid on it so it could at least have a respectable burial.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Well, at least he didn't ruin the serrations! So....

Maybe one of us could buy that thing, rip off all the junk he "screwed" on, grind away the top of the blade until that "file work" doesn't hurt the eyes any more, and put this poor baby into the EDC roration. That way, like an abused animal, it could at least have some dignified sunset years. A Mariner shouldn't end like that.

Heck, I'd do that myself if I lived in the US :)

Some people shouldn't be allowed to handle metal tools. I cried a little when I saw this.

Dennis
jritayik

Post by jritayik »

The hideousness of that knife will haunt my dreams forever!
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

I like how there is a big screw right under the lock and then a small one on the tail of the handle. :confused:

Maybe this guy is a blind and can't see the horror of his mutilation.
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

demtek9 wrote:I like how there is a big screw right under the lock and then a small one on the tail of the handle. :confused:

Maybe this guy is a blind and can't see the horror of his mutilation.
He has a business card, which means he is a "professional." That means we, as laymen, are just unable to appreciate the beauty and genius of his mods.