Endra-Pacific Salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iyn

Endra-Pacific Salt

Post by iyn »

Is the Pacific Salt's lock-up better than an Endura 4?
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

No!!!!!
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

They are probably about the same. I mean, they are both steel mid-locks with quality materials, why would one be appreciably better than the other?

But the Endura does have a slightly different geometry due to some of the dimensions being incrementally different. I could give a better answer if you defined your question a little bit more clearly though. :)

Here's the Pacific Salt:

Here's a pic by tonydahouse of the Endura:

And another from a different poster.

All things considered the lock-up should be the same. But herein lies the problem with your question; since "lock-up" could encompass many things I am curious if you were just limiting your inquiry to how well the mating surfaces align in the locking/unlocking of the knife or where you looking for a comprehensive discussion of "lock-up" in regards to overall lock integrity, torsion strength and so forth?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The only real advantage of the Endura 4 over the Pacific is that it can be disassembled by a mechanically competent individual if necessary. The major disadvantage of the Endura 4 is a less robust spring carrier which relies on two relatively small molded pins to keep it rigid instead of being molded as a unit with the handle. The minor disadvantages of the Endura 4 are that its screw construction can encourage mechanically incompetent individuals to disassemble it and that Murphy's Law in inexorable, anything which is held together by screws will eventually self disassemble, often at an extremely inconvenient time.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

Hot ****, those are some fantastic answers!...

Spoonrobot.....Why did you cut up your precious Spydie?
iyn

Post by iyn »

thanks for the answers spoonrobot, sorry about your knife. I read on another form and saw reviews on you tube and they mentioned the endura 4 had play in the blade look up compared to the pacific salt. I have an endra 4 and was thinking of getting a pacific salt.