Good ol Endura 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JediKnight86

Good ol Endura 3

Post by JediKnight86 »

Got my hands on a NIB Endura 3 Spyderedge VG10. First thing I noticed was the smaller thumb hole and then, woops, no jimping for the thumb!

It's like going back in time to when I first bought this exact knife, strange feeling hard to describe. There's something that the E4 just doesn't have in the way of charisma and simpler elegance (unless we're talking waved, diff story, have both E3 and E4 waved). Now I need to get a plain edge to go with it! I miss the E3's!!!

Now I just have to carry two of them, one E3 and one USN E4 :D :spyder:
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
iyn

Post by iyn »

I thought I was the only one. I miss the endra as well as the delica 3s. the steel liners make it too heavy and slow. I was told to try the pacific salt. but it does not have the same point.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

iyn wrote:I thought I was the only one. I miss the endra as well as the delica 3s. the steel liners make it too heavy and slow. I was told to try the pacific salt. but it does not have the same point.
Get a Salt model and send it to Tom Krein to simulate the blade of the Endura/Delica 3.

Funny coincidence, I just found a gun store near work that has about 5-6 NIB Endura & Delica 3s. I was tempted to get one, but I actually like the 4th version better.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I'm carrying a pair of E3's today... ats-55/se on left hip, vg-10/se in right/front

Never liked the handle on the 4th gen myself.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
vito72

Post by vito72 »

Endura 3 ATS 55 was my firs spyderco, its a nice piece but in almost 10 years i used just few times in my opinion, for my hand is not well balanced, but its so light, can forget to have in pocket.
Seanski

Post by Seanski »

I carry around my 1st generation endura's quite a bit and really like them. They are nice and light and I quite like the molded pocket clips.
I think I would enjoy not having steel liners in my newer Endura's as well but I quite like that adjustable pivot torx!
Use your blades in the kitchen, it's great bonding time!
RICHAR

Post by RICHAR »

I often carry my Delica 3's in ATS-55 ( Love that steel ). I have an Se and combo edge. They were bought at a gun store which still has a cache of Delica 3's and Endura 3's. All are combo edge and ATS-55. Thy don't open as smoothly as the 4 series , but are light weight.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

vito72 wrote:Endura 3 ATS 55 was my firs spyderco, its a nice piece but in almost 10 years i used just few times in my opinion, for my hand is not well balanced, but its so light, can forget to have in pocket.
I kinda like the unbalanced feel, shows how light and strong the linerless handles are. But with the E4 I only like the wave models bc they are balanced unlike the regulars.
Halfneck wrote:Get a Salt model and send it to Tom Krein to simulate the blade of the Endura/Delica 3.

Funny coincidence, I just found a gun store near work that has about 5-6 NIB Endura & Delica 3s. I was tempted to get one, but I actually like the 4th version better.
Looks like I need to find some stores to contact. My local store only has a D3 all black combo edge, everything else is new... but that reminds me I think they have a Military D2! Crap no money...
I bought a Pacific Salt SE yellow for that reason and I like it, but it's a totally different blade shape and hollow ground. It's not an E3 replacement but a cool knife to have for the H1.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D