Glow in the dark frn

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
golddot370

Glow in the dark frn

Post by golddot370 »

Would anybody else like to see a glow in the dark frn handle for the new Endura and Delica? I would love to see something like this and its something Spyderco has never done before.

SPYDIE FANATIC #370
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I think that would be quite interesting!! the first time I saw the translucent G10 on the Leafstorm I thought it was Glow in the Dark. I was slight disappointed it wasn't.
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

I would like to see a D4 like that for sure
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

I'd like to see it on a Ladybug. Seems like a Ladybug would fit the "novelty" of a handle like that.
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

I'm all for some glow in the dark FRN. I kind of wish Spyderco was just a little more experimental with thier handle materials- not that G-10 and FRN isn't already the stuff. But, for example, I wish we could see some more transluescent G-11 like on the Leafstorm, or even a clear FRN or G-10 (if that's even possible?).
THG

Post by THG »

I think this has been asked before, and if I recall correctly, using glow-in-the-dark materials is restricted because technically the stuff emits some level of radiation.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
thibaud.1.80

Post by thibaud.1.80 »

Yes !!!!

I like this idea.

Tibo.
Rockkkkk nn rroollllllll !!!!!!!!!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

so sal can send out a waiver and be done with it seriously they sell glow in the dark yoyos to KIDS i think adults can buy glow in the dark knives i could understand if we were asking for tritium knives then maybe but phosphorescent paint can be bought anywhere so it can't be that bad i think everything emits radiation if i paid attention in school even BANNANAS
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

I have seen pictures of an older Endura or Delica that had glow paint poured into the handle. Maybe it was Day glo paint....I can't remember.

Oh, and there are millions of folks around the world with radioactive night sights on their guns...and luminescent watches...and etc etc. I think a lack of market interest is why this hasn't been done.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

THG wrote:I think this has been asked before, and if I recall correctly, using glow-in-the-dark materials is restricted because technically the stuff emits some level of radiation.
If I'm thinking of the same thing you are, Sal was referring to tritium, and not just your plain ol' run-of-the-mill glow powder. I did a quick google search and came up with various companies that make non-toxic and non-radioactive glow in the dark pigments.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com