Impatiently Waiting for Chokwes and H1 Spyderhawks

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
clovisc

Impatiently Waiting for Chokwes and H1 Spyderhawks

Post by clovisc »

i just had to vent a little bit of my recent overenthusiasm. i've never been more excited for knives than i am for the upcoming chokwe and H1 spyderhawk sprint!

it's been pretty hard to hold myself back from buying some of the incredible new spydies hitting the market... the terzuola, stretch 2, and new run of lum chinese folders have been calling my name... but i'm still holding strong. i want to make sure i can afford the 4 spyderhawks (2 of each variant...), and 4-5 chokwes that will become the most valued components of my collection, EDC, and knife hobbyism!!!

the recent catalogue supplement really had a big impact upon me. it was so thrilling to see these knives listed... it really drove the reality home.

i hope to have a chokwe pimped out as my ultimate dress knife...

anyone else burning for these knives? :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

I'm with you clovisc, just throw in a ZDP FRN Stretch :D
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

The H1 Spyderhawks we'll be getting were originally dangled just out of reach of prisoners at Quantanamo Bay. The UN deemed it cruel and unusual punishment. As a result these instruments of torture will be dangled in front of us for the next few months until we'll be screaming for a water board! :-)

**** you Spyderco with your sexy new models!...right in the middle of an economics slump too!
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Man oh man I am in the same boat.

For me it's the Chokwe and Stretch FRN ZDP. They both represent not only great knives, but the things a great company can accomplish in times like these.

I have both pre-ordered and I'm still checking every morning to see if they've come out :D
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

clovisc wrote:...anyone else burning for these knives? :D

Nope. :D
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Yep :D & Yep double :D
Both are on order with Tom. :D My hawk's gonna be SE.
Dream knife would be these 2 blades in H1 DYAD.
O.
slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

O,just,O wrote:Yep :D & Yep double :D
Both are on order with Tom. :D My hawk's gonna be SE.
Dream knife would be these 2 blades in H1 DYAD.
O.
Shhh don't mention the Dyad!!! If you do, JD Spydo will post about 15 new threads about it :p
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
white cloud

Post by white cloud »

i am very patiently waiting (i have no choice). :D mine will be se. i am hoping to get two.

you know i wonder if you can get a river city sheath for a spyderhawk. i may have to send an email to inquire about that. frn hawkbills are not complete without one in my humble opinion.
phaust

Post by phaust »

I'm waiting impatiently for the H1 Spyderhawk, too. I noticed yourcornerstore.com estimates it will be in stock 24 September, but I don't know how they came up with that.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

phaust wrote:I'm waiting impatiently for the H1 Spyderhawk, too. I noticed yourcornerstore.com estimates it will be in stock 24 September, but I don't know how they came up with that.
maybe because sept. 24th is my birthday... :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

As soon as the spyderhawk hits the shelves i`ll be grabbing one or two. ;)
amen74

Post by amen74 »

I'm in for the H1 Spyderhawk. This time it won't pass me by. :D
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

amen74 wrote:I'm in for the H1 Spyderhawk. This time it won't pass me by. :D
What amen74 said!
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Hey guys. I'm new to the whole Spyderco scene but I just recently purchased my first knife, an Aqua Salt. I am waiting for it in the mail still and am totally excited. I saw news of this H1 spyderhawk on the forums and saw a picture and think it looks amazing. This is going to be my second knife for sure.

My question is, I read it was going to be a sprint? Does this mean it is a limited item? How fast do these things usually sell out, and is there a place I could pre-order one to make sure I get it? I think it looks like an amazing knife.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

+1 for the chockwe!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Freediver wrote:Hey guys. I'm new to the whole Spyderco scene but I just recently purchased my first knife, an Aqua Salt. I am waiting for it in the mail still and am totally excited. I saw news of this H1 spyderhawk on the forums and saw a picture and think it looks amazing. This is going to be my second knife for sure.

My question is, I read it was going to be a sprint? Does this mean it is a limited item? How fast do these things usually sell out, and is there a place I could pre-order one to make sure I get it? I think it looks like an amazing knife.
Yes, Sprint Run means a set number of knives will be made, in this case 600. Of those, 300 will be SE and 300 PE. It is really hard to say how fast they are likely to sell out, as the hawkbill market is rather small, if vocal. We nagged Sal into cranking this one out with the old blade style (he wanted to change it to something more like the Superhawk) since all the tooling already existed, minimizing the investment. Now all we have to do is buy enough of them so he doesn't get burned on the deal. Who knows, if they sell out fast, he might make another run. If they sell well enough, they might even make regular production, but don't hold your breath on that one. ;)
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Oh ok thanks. I better keep watching then for when it goes on sale. I really want to pick up a SE version. One last question, are sprint runs only available on spyderco.com? Thanks.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

They make their way into distribution so your authorized Spyderco dealer can sell one to you.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I want at least one of each. Maybe two of the SE, One as an EDC and one as a backup.

Although...I DID just get a PE Merlin and I'm really liking the plain edge on a hawkbill. And I'm usually an SE blade fan. So maybe two of each!
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the Spyderhawk Salt. Heck, I may have to buy one or two pre-need replacements (in classic yablanowitz fashion :D ). Oh, I know of a couple of other people who are drooling on the Spyderhawk Salt.

Hmm...sounds like 4 are already sold.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!