Caly3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIXWORLD

Caly3

Post by MANIXWORLD »

How is your Caly3 doing,since you purchased this amazing knife,for all the Caly3 owners.This knife is worth its weight in gold.i have had mine for over a year now and its still going strong.every Spyderco fan should own this knife.
MLR

Post by MLR »

MANIXWORLD wrote:How is your Caly3 doing,since you purchased this amazing knife,for all the Caly3 owners.This knife is worth its weight in gold.i have had mine for over a year now and its still going strong.every Spyderco fan should own this knife.
absolutely stunning construction the moki factory (if i am correct) puts into these blades. the overall fit, finish, and feel is way ahead above the spydies built at the other seki factories
Eighth of Eight

Post by Eighth of Eight »

I got the Caly 3 SE about six months ago. Great knife :D . It is such a comfortable knife to use. Also it rides in pocket almost unnoticed. I am surprised it went into closeout pricing for the spyderedge. So far I've used it quite a lot and it still has a sharp edge. :)
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
D'fly PE - D'fly SE - S.P.O.T. PE - '09 Swick - Caly 3 SE - Native DLC SE - Manix 2 SE - Tasman Salt SE - Saver Salt SE - Dodo SE - MT05P - Centofonte 3 - Yin/Yang - Baby Goddard - MT06P -
Swick 2 - '09 Meercat - Superhawk - C101GPBL2 Blue Manix 2
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

My birthday is at the end of August, told the wife I want a Caly 3 and sent her a e-mail with a link to one at NGK. Now that I work in an office environment, a Caly 3 seemed like a good Spyderco to own.

Of course I sent a similar e-mail to my parents with a link to a Orange G10 Urban. :D
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

My Caly 3's are doing great. I have owned my SE for probably 2 years I would guess. It had to be sent in to Spyderco only once for some very small chips in the tip of the blade and a good sharpening. I also have the PE and the CF but those don't get carried much.

jritayik

Post by jritayik »

I had the pleasure to buy the Caly 3 SE as my first spyderco two months ago. The knife is almost perfect. The outstanding quality caused me to purchase a Lava soon after and now a paramilitary. If you don't own a Caly make it your next purchase.
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

The Caly3 SE has been my favorite EDC for over a year! There almost isn't anything it hasn't sliced open or cut in two. I like it so much that I just bought two more at closeout prices w/discounts at Sierra Trading Post as backups!

However, my new D2 Para has been getting lots of carry time in the past week or so...

Ira
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The Caly 3 is definitely one of the great ones, and the best 3" bladed, full ambi, model Spyderco has. My Stretches gets much more carry time, but my CF Caly 3 would be my first choice if traveling.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I love mine. It has to be hands down one of the finest quality folders Spyderco makes.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

The Deacon wrote:The Caly 3 is definitely one of the great ones, and the best 3" bladed, full ambi, model Spyderco has. My Stretches gets much more carry time, but my CF Caly 3 would be my first choice if traveling.
A truely functional folder,that not only deserves to use premium materials,like CF and ZDP bladesteel but also delivers all the aspects of what a pocket knife should do and be..I would love to see a Titanium handle version of this gem,that ofcourse without steelliners,more less like a UKPK,but with the backlock.wouldnt that be an even lighter folder..stil using VG10 bladesteel..dream Spydie?
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

I have the CF/ZDP model and the PE VG-10 model. I would say the CF model gets 85-90% of the carry time. I absolutely love this knife. It's smooth as a babies bottom, rides well in my pocket, and only needs a touch up every 1-2 weeks.

I typically use my VG-10 Caly for rougher tasks, that little knife has competently handled everything I threw at it.

I love my CF version so much I may get a "pre-need replacement" before I get a CF stretch.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

Love it probably my all around favorite pocket knife and priced good too.

I would like to see an FRN version in VG-10, (Anyhting but ZDP). To make it lighter.

But i am happy with my g10 version just fine.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I EDC VG10/G10 Caly3 for almost three years, I love it. It has normal signs of use and still looks great. If Spyderco would make FRN Caly3 @ price close to Delica, I would be in for couple and replace FRN with wood
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I got mine in a trade and love it. Perfect size

Lately I have been carrying it IWB and cant even notice its there.

Love the low carrying wire clip.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

mrappraisit wrote:I have the CF/ZDP model and the PE VG-10 model. I would say the CF model gets 85-90% of the carry time. I absolutely love this knife. It's smooth as a babies bottom, rides well in my pocket, and only needs a touch up every 1-2 weeks.

I typically use my VG-10 Caly for rougher tasks, that little knife has competently handled everything I threw at it.

I love my CF version so much I may get a "pre-need replacement" before I get a CF stretch.
I guess with a knife like the Caly3,specialy CF,you can stock up on more than one..always good to have backups..makes you feel more prepared.
christopher

Post by christopher »

I to am admirer of the Caly3, CE. It's a super slicer with a quiet, small appearance. It was the first of the low profile knives, IIRC.

I fell in love with the basic model, so I had to buy the CF version when it came my way. Since I have acquired another CE just in case of losing the first.

I have a large collection, but other than special occasions, I carry the Caly3.

Chris
alexvzin

Post by alexvzin »

I so love this knife that have bought all three variants.
I think it is the best Spyderco 3" folder.
I carry only G10/VG10 plain version, other is for collection :)

bh49

Post by bh49 »

alexvzin wrote:I so love this knife that have bought all three variants.
I think it is the best Spyderco 3" folder.
I carry only G10/VG10 plain version, other is for collection :)
Alex,
Welcome to the Forum
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

On the subject of Caly III, Sierra Trading Post has the serrated one on close out for 74.95. Looks like a pretty good deal if someone is interested. I just can't warm up to anything else but PE myself.

Actually they have some real good prices on some other Spyderco's as well.

IE: Lava, Polliwog and some Byrds.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Alexvzin,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

sal