Caly3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Hi and welcome Alexvzin..nice Caly3 collection and photos.
Thalestin

Post by Thalestin »

I loved mine but I don't like bladeplay (its stupid but it bugs me) so I gave it to my Mom for a gift. She loves the knife and always carries it in her bag.

Great knife, just not perfect for me. Para military on the otherhand...
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

alexvzin wrote:I so love this knife that have bought all three variants.
I think it is the best Spyderco 3" folder.
I carry only G10/VG10 plain version, other is for collection :)

alexvzin, welcome!

I can understand you have all the variants, it's a perfect pocketknife!
nice collection of :spyder:

skatenut
STi

Post by STi »

I ordered the G-10 version last night...I could have gotten the Carbon Fiber version for $20 more but not really feeling the laminated blade...Maybe if it were full ZDP...I been putting this knife off for awhile because it's slightly bigger than i normally like... but how much can one read about how good this knife is with out trying it!
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

I absolutely love my caly 3. my ideal edc that gets the most pocket time :) when the g10 dfly comes out, i'll prob run the two together. think of the possibilities.. :D
MLR wrote: ... now that i've finally accepted that a little blade play is normal on a lockback, i realized that selling that caly3 was a mistake.
on my caly i've found absolutely no bladeplay whatsoever. Ive had the caly for awhile now and I've never had to adjust the pivot screw either. does your new caly have blade play as well?
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

MANIXWORLD wrote:I guess with a knife like the Caly3,specialy CF,you can stock up on more than one..always good to have backups..makes you feel more prepared.
Totally. If I lost my CF Caly3 I would possibly cry, I like it that much. :eek: :)
After enlightenment, the laundry.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

The Caly 3 is one of the best Spydies ever conceived and constructed ! No Spyderholic should be without one. I believe it was the unofficial Spyderco Knife of the Year for 2007 ? :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
alexvzin

Post by alexvzin »

Thanks Sal, thanks to all !
STi

Post by STi »

I just picked one of these up a few days ago and LOVE IT! However There is alittle bladeplay..Is this something i have to live with or should i tighten pivot?

I picked up a SE version in a trade and should be here tomarrow but will prob trade that one off since i'm a PE guy!
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

I've carried mine all summer. It's still super sharp and super smooth. I really feel bad for my D4!!!
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
ront

Post by ront »

I love my Caly3!!!! It has not left my pocket since I bought it shortly after they were released. I really should get another one as it will be an extremely sad day if this one get messed up or worse yet, lost.
IMHO the Caly3 is one of the best Spydercos ever made. I would love to have one with S30V steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron
FLYcrash

Post by FLYcrash »

Yep, I love the Caly 3. It's an absolute jewel. I got the PE VG-10/G-10 version almost 2 years ago as my first Spyderco and still have no complaints with it. Wish I could EDC it, but the knife laws here are too strict. So I use it at home and look forward to vacations where I can carry it.
STi

Post by STi »

My SE came today and that one has no bladeplay..I'm just going to tighten pivot slightly...Anyone want an SE for PE? :D
tea

Post by tea »

I love Spyderco's leaf shape blades. I never use the 'L' word lightly.

Mine has never had blade play. In fact it has only become smoother with age. When it first arrived it was really tight. I resisted the urge to loosen the pivot. Happy I did. It is perfect now.

Best part- It was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. She always said she would never buy me a knife. She didn't want to feed these hobbies. Little did I know she had been paying attention all those years I spent looking at Caly3's on the internet. Opening that gift from her was one of the best surprises ever!