Spyderco UK Pen Knife Disassembly (and mod) - Pics

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Thanks David.

Last question that I forgot to ask. It looks like the G10 was 'glued' on or has something on it. Did you put anything on it to keep the scales on aside from just the screws>

Mike
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Mike,

The stuff on the inside of the G10 is oil. There was an oil residue to keep things from rusting from the factory. Before I put it all back together I put some 3-in-1 oil on each side of the spring and some got on the G10. That's how it looked when I took it apart too.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Got it. Thanks a bunch. Will let you know how it turns out.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Seanski

Post by Seanski »

How's that new drop point ukpk does it sit a bit deeper or just barely into
the scales? thanks.
Use your blades in the kitchen, it's great bonding time!
feed_the_animals

Post by feed_the_animals »

Darn photobucket. So many useful threads are ruined by their silly expiration.

http://spyderco.org/forums/showthread.php?p=463392

Here is a link to Mr Blonde's UKPK disassembly pics for any other poor slob who winds up here.