If you could create your dream Spydie.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cheygriz

Post by Cheygriz »

My dream spydie???? :)

A Military, with fluorescent orange CF scales, and a blade of CPM M-4 at RC60-61.

Also, a native in the same configuration.
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

Millie with blue/grey Carbon Fiber front scale, titanium back framelock and S125V blade.
...oh you know why!
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

if not a C54 on roids than a limited USA made Caly 3 with orange G10 & S90V
RockyMatt

Hmm

Post by RockyMatt »

G-10 Lava or a G-10 Caly Jr with jimping.
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

not sure if the Dodos blade shape works ideally with S90V, but if it does, make it w/ peel ply CF.

The dodo has a following similar to the manix, if offered in a sprint with higher end materials, its sure to sell out. Esp if the pricing ratio is comparable to the mini manixs original msrp,

example

Original mini Manix MSRP when the Market was GOOD, apx $190 (compare a current VG10, Japan Made $200 msrp G10 Endura)

At the same time, a Dodo, with same materials & origin (with exception of the ball lock) retailed for $129 (at the beginning, WTF?) and I think maxed out at apx $150 before close out, making it easy to find around $80 back then (good luck today).

If a new updated version was marked up in similar fashion there is NO way it wouldnt sell out immediately.
Spydiefan04

Post by Spydiefan04 »

My dream Spyderco would be very simple. Take the Caly 3 VG-10 plain edge, and REMOVE the LINERS. That knife in G-10 w/out steel liners would be PERFECT, The old version of the G-10 Police had a thin liner only on one side.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Spyderco already has for me. The Paramilitary. I don't need/want anything changed on it at all.

If I could only have "one", it would be the one. For me, it is "The Knife".

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

SaintSatinStain wrote:I would have the D'Allara Droppoint and Rescue as Salts; they along with the Ladybug spearpoint (around neck with keys and Leatherman Squirt) and the Ladybug Rescue (in emergency kit) serrated are what I carry daily. I designed a shoulder bag with four pockets to carry the D'Allaras, a flashlight, and a leatherman Wave, and first aid and emergency kits (flint/steel, fishing gear etc) in small Otter boxes. Rustproof D'Allaras; Ladybugs too. All cops, EMSs, campers, hunters, and bicycle tourists should have them.

The D'Allaras are the best Spydercos made, no contest.
+1 on D'ALLARA SALTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
iyn

Post by iyn »

more light weight knives with H-1 blades and no steel liners:
Lava-FRN, bigger dragonfly-FRN, 3.5" closed lenght, stretch
metafacticity

Post by metafacticity »

At the moment, it would be a UKPK in peel-ply CF and S90V. A close second would be a Kiwi with handles made entirely of CF, without all of the stainless steel.

David
J-Na806

Post by J-Na806 »

My dream spydie is Yojimbo with ZDP-189 blade and Red CF handle. ;) :D
Endura Wave,Endura Gen2,Endura Gen4,ZDP-189,Trainer Wave,Endura Trainer,Pink Delica,White Delica,Delica ZDP-189,Delica Trainer Wave Numbered,Delica Gen4, Caly3 ZDP-189, Kris,Sage Numbered,Mule Team ZDP-189,(2) Black Yojimbo (1)Numbered, (1)Blue Yojimbo,(1)Spyker, (2)Karambit, Civilian CF Plain Edge Numbered , Massad Ayoob, Adventura, Centofante III ,LUM Chinese Folder ZDP-189,Lum Chinese Ti,PE Tenacious,SE Tenacious,CE Tenacious,OR Ladybug,(2) USN Endura,MJ Endura,(2) Milli M4, Milli T, P'kal
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

J-Na806 wrote:My dream spydie is Yojimbo with ZDP-189 blade and Red CF handle. ;) :D
that would be pretty cool, i havent heard anyone request this before, plus i never got my hands on a Yojimbo yet and that would be one id really like
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

A Native with Transleucent Green G-10 Caged ball bearing lock :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]