Anyone interested in "Q" knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bohica1998

Anyone interested in "Q" knives?

Post by bohica1998 »

Saw this collection of 36 of them up for sale on Ebay. Just a heads-up for any of you who might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Huge-Spyderco-C35-Q ... 7C294%3A50

Going to end up way more than I can afford, but maybe someone else here...?
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

With a collection like that you would expect them to be a forum member or at least some one here would know about all of these. Whom ever buys that is going to end up with a great collection of Q's.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I'm pretty sure I know who that is. If it's who I think it is....I hope all is well. He's a good dude and a member of this forum (and a few other forums).
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

There are a lot of #1 serial numbers there.... with that colection, it's early days still, there isn't anywhere enough 'zeros' on those bids yet.
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

Wow, very impressive. Props to the hunter!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Clawhammer wrote:There are a lot of #1 serial numbers there.... with that colection, it's early days still, there isn't anywhere enough 'zeros' on those bids yet.
Don't believe he's claiming them to be Serial # 1, but that he's just saying they are one of nnn pieces made of that particular blade.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Best Q-collection I ever saw on an auction!
I'm so glad, I'm not under stress as I'm out of money :D
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I'm so glad, I'm not under stress as I'm out of money
Me too! :D :( :D

But I thought I would post about it here and maybe help the sale along by putting it where some folks who CAN afford it and will appreciate them could see it.
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
genius5th

Post by genius5th »

id like the rare ones or protos
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Mr.Sparkitle wrote:With a collection like that you would expect them to be a forum member or at least some one here would know about all of these. Whom ever buys that is going to end up with a great collection of Q's.
He is a forumite here. He will speak up if he wishes. He was collecting Qs long before me too. There are a couple there I don't have . Have to see how high it will go.
Be Excellent to each other.
jyork

Post by jyork »

Congrats Ben Gaiser!
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did over the years.
Jyork- Collector #123
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

jyork wrote:Congrats Ben Gaiser!
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did over the years.
My God, when they use to make user names public, that dude would ALWAYS buy up the good stuff! I would love to see his collection, willing to bet its up there in the rankings.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i cant remeber what the Qs went for when they were around, maybe $ 50.00?

that guy made some good profit on that line up if so
Tank

Post by Tank »

Did you see the shipping cost. $105.00 to ship a small box.. :eek: crazy
-John
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Tank wrote:Did you see the shipping cost. $105.00 to ship a small box.. :eek: crazy
Well, 36 small boxes in one somewhat larger box. Lets say 10 lbs, total with packing material, that's about $32 by Priority Mail. Then add insurance for the selling price, roughly another $45 and the seller may have hoped the bidding would go higher, which would have raised the insurance cost even more. Might want to get a return receipt too, that's another $3. Seem so excessive now? Plus, anyone bidding knew the shipping cost.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

RIOT wrote:i cant remeber what the Qs went for when they were around, maybe $ 50.00?

that guy made some good profit on that line up if so
I picked up my regular spyderedge version off of eBay in 1997 or 1998 for $25 or so. It was my first spyderco knife, but most certainly not my last! The cut-out blade is what convinced me to buy it, but the great quality and design are what kept me buying :spyder: s ever since. Unfortunately I lost it in '99 and wish I would have picked up 2-3 spares back then. Now they're a bit out of my price range. I got lots of comments on how cool the laser-cut spyder and web looked. Maybe not the most practical blade design, but it was a great conversation piece that usually led to a discussion on the many great qualities of :spyder: knives.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
lureman

Post by lureman »

A very nice collection...congratulations! I was in for a bit, but there were only 2 in the collection I didn't have and I could not justify going any higher. I really thought it would go over 5K.

As far as shipping costs; I considered it fair.
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

Thanks jyork! It really is a wonderful collection and in superb condition. You cared for them very well. I will continue that tradition. :)
lureman wrote:A very nice collection...congratulations! I was in for a bit, but there were only 2 in the collection I didn't have and I could not justify going any higher. I really thought it would go over 5K.

As far as shipping costs; I considered it fair.
Wow lureman, I only had about three of the ones in this set, and mine didn't have boxes so those are upgrades. The Q's are really hard to collect because they don't come up very often, but I really do love the variety.

- Ben
lureman

Post by lureman »

Ben, I have been collecting unique Qs for over 10 years, so you can see I have been at it a long time. I think right now I have about 48 unique Qs, and of those, I have opted not to include any solid bladed ones in my collection.

Good luck in your pursuit, you will meet tons of nice folks and have fun building on it.

Dan