Regarding England

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
slice22358

Regarding England

Post by slice22358 »

Hey I'm headed off to England tomorrow, and, obviously, want to take my UKPK. It's going to be in the checked luggage, but is there anything else I should worry about?
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

slice22358 wrote:Hey I'm headed off to England tomorrow, and, obviously, want to take my UKPK. It's going to be in the checked luggage, but is there anything else I should worry about?
That's the best you could carry. Remember, Sal took advice from British Blades form when he was designing the said knife specifically for EDC.

Just for info, the actual piece of legislation which exempts non-locking folders, with a cutting edge of less than 3 inches, from having "good reason" to carry is; "Section 139, Criminal Justice Act 1988." Just in case you have to remind a cop. You can tell them a UK cop told you..... ;)

Other things to "worry" about....?

If going to London, don't get in a Black Cab until he's told you the approximate fare to your destination.

Football is actually a sport that is played with the feet.

Don't eat Fish & Chips. It'll harden your arteries quicker than eating a block of butter.

It's more than safe to drink the tap water.

Sarcasm and Irony are well practiced forms of wit.

Don't gate crash the Queens house.

Most of the people you'll meet in London, won't speak English.

Beer is supposed to be drunk warm. That's because it will be dark and flat. Beer, as per the US, is what we refer to as Lager. That will be cold and gassy.

Policemans heads do not go all the way to the top of their hats....

On the whole, we're a nice little country with a decent people. I sincerely hope you have a really great time!! :D
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

Thank you my friend, I'll be sure to remember section 139 :p
Where in England do you live? I am going to London for a week, then going out to Oxford for another week.
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I was born there, hope to visit someday. :)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Simon that's pretty funny. :D

What's the deal with black cabs? Seriously.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
monkeyboy

hahahah

Post by monkeyboy »

black is the only colure they got
the universe in a drop of water