So many knives, so little dates :(

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SecSpyral

So many knives, so little dates :(

Post by SecSpyral »

I am so pumped for these blades:

1. Spyderco Leafstorm
2. Spyderco Stretch 2 ZDP FRN
3. Spyderco Sage 2
4. Spyderco G10 Dragonfly
5. Spyderco Manix 2
6. Spyderco Forum Native
7. Spyderco Ti-Millie

I know you guys don't give out dates, but we HAVE to be close on some of these. Can you guys at least let us know which one is coming out first.....

:p I'm dying here!
v8r

Post by v8r »

''so many knives, so little dates''...........Sounds like a personal problem to me! :p You must be a spyder nerd like me. :D Kidding aside that new Manix looks cool,and so does the forum knife.If we only had some dates.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

v8r wrote:''so many knives, so little dates''...........Sounds like a personal problem to me! :p You must be a spyder nerd like me. :D Kidding aside that new Manix looks cool,and so does the forum knife.If we only had some dates.
haha, funny, I didn't notice that :)

Well, it's true with that connotation as well, my wife wouldn't like me having any dates
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

None of those are even in the 2009 catalog with the exception of the Leafstorm. With that being said, I would be shocked to see any of those this year (except the forum knife).
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

Jay_Ev wrote:None of those are even in the 2009 catalog with the exception of the Leafstorm. With that being said, I would be shocked to see any of those this year (except the forum knife).
I could have sworn the Sage was going to be out this summer.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

SecSpyral wrote:I am so pumped for these blades:

1. Spyderco Leafstorm
2. Spyderco Stretch 2 ZDP FRN
3. Spyderco Sage 2
4. Spyderco G10 Dragonfly
5. Spyderco Manix 2
6. Spyderco Forum Native
7. Spyderco Ti-Millie
8. Chokwe
pantopop

switch to kopa

Post by pantopop »

find within yourself the spyderco Kopa
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

Jay_Ev wrote:8. Chokwe
9. Left Handed Millie :D
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Add me to the list of those eagerly awaiting the FRN Stretch II. :D I don't even care which version hits the streets first, since I consider both of them "must haves". :o Based on how long ago I handled the prototype, I'd guess the RIL Sage is behind schedule already. From a couple of Sal's comments, I'd say the first version of the Manix 2 should be shipping any day now (which to me means within 2 months). Kristi's already told us the Forum Native will be "this fall", so we're talking at least 5 months before we see them. Technically, the Leafstorm's already out. The 50 piece pilot run has come and gone. One just sold on eBay the other day.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

The Deacon wrote:Technically, the Leafstorm's already out. The 50 piece pilot run has come and gone. One just sold on eBay the other day.
AND this is the one I'm most excited about anyway. After seeing a pair of Kevin's custom grips for these...mmmm, I'm going to spend quite a bit of money for this one, I can tell already.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote: From a couple of Sal's comments, I'd say the first version of the Manix 2 should be shipping any day now (which to me means within 2 months).

Paul,
Does this means that second/third versions are coming? Or you mean potential sprints FFG S90V?
The Deacon wrote:
Kristi's already told us the Forum Native will be "this fall", so we're talking at least 5 months before we see them.
five month :eek: :eek: :( :(
I am wondering on the time frame for FRN Native4?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Roman, Sal has already mentioned there will be a larger version and at least "teased" us with the possibility that said larger version may be available before the end of this year. That alone makes the one I just finished playing with the first version in my book. :D Beyond that, he's also hinted the future may hold other grinds and/or steels.

As for the FRN Native 4, I'm not even sure if that's a sure thing, or still in the "depending on how well the CF version sells" stage.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

I would love to have native4 in cf.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I don't think my wife would like me going on a date either!She might would get a little :mad: .
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
catamount

Post by catamount »

The Deacon wrote:As for the FRN Native 4, I'm not even sure if that's a sure thing, or still in the "depending on how well the CF version sells" stage.
Paul,

The question is: is the forum knife going to be a Native 4, or a Native I with a FFG blade? Looking at the announcement thread, it could be either one.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

catamount wrote:Paul,

I highly doubt they would invest the money to make a mold just for the forum knife, so I think we can safely say there will be a "regular" FRN Native 4.
I believe Kristi said the forum knife would not be a Native 4, but a regular FRN Native. Is this correct? :confused:
catamount

Post by catamount »

TazKristi wrote:It's not a Native4. It is our current US Made C41 Native. Just want to be clear.
Doc,

you are correct.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

catamount wrote:Doc,

you are correct.
Ah, yes, that's the post I remember seeing. Thanks Tom. :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:Roman, Sal has already mentioned there will be a larger version and at least "teased" us with the possibility that said larger version may be available before the end of this year. That alone makes the one I just finished playing with the first version in my book. :D Beyond that, he's also hinted the future may hold other grinds and/or steels.

As for the FRN Native 4, I'm not even sure if that's a sure thing, or still in the "depending on how well the CF version sells" stage.
Paul,
Thank you.
It is sad, if FRN Native4 still in question. IMHO it is upgrade to current production model.
I am not sure if sale of CF Native4 is a good indicator of potential sale of FRN Native4. This two knives are in quite different price level and have quite different competition. Hopefully I will be able to satisfy my FFG Native need with Forum knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Shenmue728

Post by Shenmue728 »

I'm very excited about the forum knife and the Chokwee is really exciting to me. I think i'll have to wait about the Manix 2 and see which versions come down the pipe :rolleyes:
[CENTER]:spyder::spyder:Spyderco C.O.T.C.O.:spyder::spyder:[/CENTER]