If you were limited to about $50?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

a Tasman? That's what I am planning to get sometime this week. I have just heard too much good about it
War is mostly waiting.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I would shop around for a SE Tasman Salt. I don't care much for the thick grinds of the new Enduras and Delicas. They're manageable, but I don't prefer them.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Where's the Cricket love?!?
v8r

Post by v8r »

Tenacious.For around 35 bucks.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

redyps04 wrote:Where's the Cricket love?!?
my SS/SE just about lives in the right/back pocket of my jeans. But as nice as it is for clampacks, cardboard, and cutting fruit it doesn't do "normal" cutting as well as a leaf blade.

Today was:
Forum Lava in left/front
ss/pe 'fly in right/front
ss/se cricket in right/rear
clb subcom with keys in left/rear
2nd gen spyderench on left hip
inova x5 on left hip
LM squirt e4 on right hip
colibri lighter on right hip
fb01 moran iwb/back
s30v/ce millie on my neck

only the neck and both front pockets change regularly... the fixed blade changes every week or so.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
tkdman41

Post by tkdman41 »

Go with one of the salts. H1 steel is loads of fun and lets you use your knife in more exciting environments without worrying.
Endura ZDP-189 CE | Endura Wave CE | Salt 1 PE | Centofante 3 PE | Tenacious PE | Tenacious SE | MT02 Second | MT03 | JD Smith | Caly 3 ZDP-189 CF | Bill Moran | Military | Tasman PE | Stretch 2 CF | Endura | Delica | Dragon Fly
MyKnife

Post by MyKnife »

tkdman41 wrote:Go with one of the salts. H1 steel is loads of fun and lets you use your knife in more exciting environments without worrying.
Yes me to. Probably Pacific Salt ;) .
beachgun

Post by beachgun »

I was in the same ballpark not too long ago. I ended up with an Endura 3 serrated. I week or so later, I had a chance at an Endura 4, and bought it. I much prefer the Endura 4, as the scales feel better, and it fits in the hand a little better.

I can't say anything about the Delica, or the others mentioned. But it seems I should as those to my collection as well.

I will say that a Salt of some type is in my future-to keep me safe in the surf when I head to the OBX in the next couple weeks.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

In the $50 range, I'll vote for a Centofante 3 or 4. Very nice-looking lower priced knife, what with the silver bug on the handle, and thin blade makes for a great slicer. The C3 and the Barong keep fighting it out for my favorite :spyder: .
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
MBKrPeter50

Post by MBKrPeter50 »

yowzer wrote:In the $50 range, I'll vote for a Centofante 3 or 4. Very nice-looking lower priced knife, what with the silver bug on the handle, and thin blade makes for a great slicer. The C3 and the Barong keep fighting it out for my favorite :spyder: .
I already have a Centofante III and I think I know how to solve your problem. Try a Khukuri, it will solve your problem.

thanks
Patrick
Current :spyder: collection: Favorite EDCs in Blue
Centofante 3, Native FRN SE, Salt I SE, Orange Ladybug 3, White Ladybug 3, D'Allara Drop-point, Spydersaw, Blue Salsa CE, Tenacious CE, Meerkat SE, FG G10 Rookie, Khukuri
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I think I'd buy another SS Cricket/SE for back up.

I've got about 4 SS Dragonflies/SE and all of them have vertical play when putting minimal downward pressure on the blade :(
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

I too would go for a SE/SS Cricket, you might even have a little left-over $ to buy a 6-pack. For the $, it cant be out-cut! If you have never owned a SE, you are in for a big treat. They stay sharp forever! Just dont let some idgemoe borrow it cuz you might get it back with chewed up serrations.

Regardless of what you choose, IMO, it's a win win. Spyderco = Cutting Machine
Quickbeam

Post by Quickbeam »

I think I'd buy an Opinel and a SAK Soldier, and save up for a Millie :D

Nick
MBKrPeter50

Post by MBKrPeter50 »

After looking over my collection and looking back on some of my recent experiences, I have come to the conclusion that I need a knife that is a little bit more of a gentlemen folder. At the current time, I am using my FG Rookie as my gentlemen folder and it still just seems a little to informal for me. Lets see if this helps the recommendations out a little bit.

thanks
Patrick
Centofante 3, Native FRN SE, Salt I SE, Orange Ladybug 3, White Ladybug 3, D'Allara Drop-point, Spydersaw, Blue Salsa CE, Tenacious CE, Meerkat SE, FG G10 Rookie, Khukuri
Quickbeam

Post by Quickbeam »

How about an etched Dragonfly?

Nick
MBKrPeter50

Post by MBKrPeter50 »

Quickbeam wrote:How about an etched Dragonfly?

Nick
I like the etched Dragonfly, but i just can't seem to find on for the right price.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

MBKrPeter50 wrote:I already have a Centofante III and I think I know how to solve your problem. Try a Khukuri, it will solve your problem.
a) it's not a problem, b) a khukuri will only make it worse, c) I'm planning on getting one someday, but there's a few other knives (Not to mention flashlights) I'm saving up for first.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

A Centofante 3 or 4 would be happy to eat up that fifty for ya. The Pink Endura 4 is 49 bucks at NGK right now, it's been calling my name these past few days.
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

centofante 4 just ate my 50 bucks that was intended for a tasman and had enough left over to grab some dinner right after :) army surplus stores are awesome.
War is mostly waiting.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

MBKrPeter50 wrote:After looking over my collection and looking back on some of my recent experiences, I have come to the conclusion that I need a knife that is a little bit more of a gentlemen folder. At the current time, I am using my FG Rookie as my gentlemen folder and it still just seems a little to informal for me. Lets see if this helps the recommendations out a little bit.

thanks
Patrick
When I think of gentlemens folder the Caly III comes to mind. It's over your 50 dollar limit but its really a great knife. Nice enough for any occasion but tough enough for any type of use.

I have an Endura and love it. You really can't beat it but I find myself reaching over it for my Delica most of the time. Just easier in the pocket for me. I like the D'Fly but it's very awkward for me to carry. It's just too small in my hand. I just got a salt about a month or so ago and it's an awesome knife. Sharp as a razor out of the box and more light weight than the Delica. If you want something more in the Endura size you could go with the Pacific salt.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.