Spyderco Forum Knife 2009 - Details

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

Thanks for the update Kristi

I know I would like to have been on pins and needles but I'm just happy to be apart of this years forum knife. I can wait how ever long you guys need.
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
duff72

catcherman knockoff

Post by duff72 »

Saw a catcherman knockoff @ the gun show this weekend and it was $10 dollars :rolleyes: but i just couldn't do it (and I want a catcherman)-it makes me mad to see someone profiting on spyderco's design
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Just checking in. Thx for the updates Kristi!
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Ted

Post by Ted »

Kristi, perhaps it would be an idea to make it possible to order one now, and have it shipped once it's ready. Just put a photoshopped purple one on the catalog ready to order ... I would be happy to have my card charged now, being assured I will get it once it's out (fall/winter) ... it would also provide Spyderco with a little trade credit ... cash is king these days in business ;)

Ted
Jamie n

Post by Jamie n »

I would love one of these, do i have to be on a special waiting list or is it first come first served when the knife is released?
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

J Smith wrote:I hate UPS.
They leave packages in plain view on my porch.
Our driver covers packages with the welcome mat so they are not in full view.
You could ask your driver to do the same.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

gtrtech wrote:Our driver covers packages with the welcome mat so they are not in full view.
I have.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Ted wrote:Kristi, perhaps it would be an idea to make it possible to order one now, and have it shipped once it's ready. Just put a photoshopped purple one on the catalog ready to order ... I would be happy to have my card charged now, being assured I will get it once it's out (fall/winter) ... it would also provide Spyderco with a little trade credit ... cash is king these days in business ;)

Ted
I would love it if we could do this.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Our driver covers packages with the welcome mat so they are not in full view.
No Welcome mat.
I'm at work when Fedex/UPS make their deliveries here.
14 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14PBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

As far as dealing with bad delivery drivers, it is amazing how far a couple of missing packages will go, to getting the problem corrected. Even if later the packages are "found" behind that tree, or in the garage.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Civilian wrote:As far as dealing with bad delivery drivers, it is amazing how far a couple of missing packages will go, to getting the problem corrected. Even if later the packages are "found" behind that tree, or in the garage.

Yeah, but do YOU want to pay for the knives I order until we can get things fixed?? :eek: :D :D :D
Current Inventory: C14PBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE
fultoncoshooter

Post by fultoncoshooter »

do want... but released in the fall? crap ill be at AIT
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

bohica1998 wrote:Yeah, but do YOU want to pay for the knives I order until we can get things fixed?? :eek: :D :D :D
Not sure why you want somebody to pay for packages you don't receive, the whole point is to file a missing package report so as to correct the problem.

Maybe you could consider having the packages delivered to your work?
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

TazKristi wrote: The purple will be a little darker than that of the Purple Ladybug. I don't have an image, but once we do a Pilot run, I'll be able to post a picture.
I'm excited about this knife and I hope to get one or two. I like the color purple especially if it is darker. As Kristi said above, the purple color will be a little bit darker than the ladybug's color. Well, here's hoping it's a lot darker because I ordered a purple ladybug based on this picture...

...and here is what arrived instead...

I'm not a huge fan of periwinkle. :(

Just my .02.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
noodlefish

Post by noodlefish »

hiredgun wrote:I'm excited about this knife and I hope to get one or two. I like the color purple especially if it is darker. As Kristi said above, the purple color will be a little bit darker than the ladybug's color. Well, here's hoping it's a lot darker because I ordered a purple ladybug based on this picture...

...and here is what arrived instead...

I'm not a huge fan of periwinkle. :(

Just my .02.
i like the ladybugs puple color however if the forum knife was darker it would be a lot nicer :cool:
ORANGE DODO NICEEEEEE

I listen to psychobilly, you should too!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Yeah, but do YOU want to pay for the knives I order until we can get things fixed??
This was meant in a joking manner.
Not sure why you want somebody to pay for packages you don't receive, the whole point is to file a missing package report so as to correct the problem.
I don't. I also don't want to spend money on a knife just to give it away to some thief JUST so I can file a missing package report! Gee, how many knives should I lose this way before they would get around to actually doing something to fix this? NONE if I'm the one who has to buy them. That is the whole point. FEDEX/UPS service here is CRAP! It may be better where you live, but I only have past experience with their service HERE!
warriorsociologist

Post by warriorsociologist »

WOW!

I will definitely buy one of these! I just saw this thread --- and funny, it reminds me of "my ideal Spydie" that I described HERE.

:)
christopher

Post by christopher »

Thanks Kristi, you're doing a great job of keeping us up to speed on the latest scoop.
I'll keep looking and hope to see the good news sooner rather than later.

Chris
tasmanH1salt

Post by tasmanH1salt »

I am down for 1!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I thought it would be fun to see what the knife might possibly look like, so I did some Photoshop work and came up with this. Can't wait to see the real thing (and hopefully not in periwinkle purple :p ).
Attachments
Forum Native Mockup.jpg
Forum Native Mockup.jpg (94.68 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com