Got a JumpMaster and... WOW! (pics!)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jay_Ev

Got a JumpMaster and... WOW! (pics!)

Post by Jay_Ev »

I read in another thread that there are no plans for a serrated Temperance 2 so to satisfy my craving for a serrated fixed blade, I chose a JumpMaster. I am very pleased with it. The sheath is sturdy, the steel is H1 and the handle is perfectly textured FRN. I wasn't really a big fan of the volcano pattern FRN until I got this knife. Now I have a new found appreciation for it.

A few others I picked up this past week:

Jay
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

Nice collection

Like that Stretch!!!
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

Jay...They are really nice and super sharp....Mine made its way to the kitchen and it works very well....John
...Far more .....:spyder: than i need
But no where near as many as I want......
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Jay_Ev, Did you get to see that demonstration video sal has on that JumpMaster? I`ts good you need to see it if you didnt already.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Lord vader wrote:Jay_Ev, Did you get to see that demonstration video sal has on that JumpMaster? I`ts good you need to see it if you didnt already.
Are you referring to the video that showed the troops jumping out of the aircraft? Yep, I saw it :) Very cool.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Jay_Ev wrote:Are you referring to the video that showed the troops jumping out of the aircraft? Yep, I saw it :) Very cool.
Sal has this video of him cutting these straps.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyderco/19203078706
Jay_Ev

Toothy Goodness

Post by Jay_Ev »

hickster

Post by hickster »

It is a VERY aggressive knife. Certainly one of the sharpest serrated blades I've seen. I wonder what the SD masters think of it in the role of weapon? I'm sure the intended end user will train to employ it as such. I would think it would make the perfect deep sea fisherman's knife. Mine will end up on my hiking pack.
hickster
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

hickster wrote:It is a VERY aggressive knife. Certainly one of the sharpest serrated blades I've seen. I wonder what the SD masters think of it in the role of weapon? I'm sure the intended end user will train to employ it as such. I would think it would make the perfect deep sea fisherman's knife. Mine will end up on my hiking pack.
hickster
Even though I love the sheath that it comes with (it is sturdy as heck!) I may have a new kydex sheath made for it. The one it comes with has straps so it can be strapped to your leg, but I don't intend on carrying it in that fashion. I would prefer something with the G-clip.
hickster

Post by hickster »

Jay_Ev wrote:Even though I love the sheath that it comes with (it is sturdy as heck!) I may have a new kydex sheath made for it. The one it comes with has straps so it can be strapped to your leg, but I don't intend on carrying it in that fashion. I would prefer something with the G-clip.
Agreed, but there are lots of lashing options!
I'm sure a G clip or teclock could be retrofitted. Also, I'm sure that quite a bit of engineering went into the sheath on this knife (way more than usual). Insecure things, on aircraft, in bad conditions (as always:rolleyes :) are a BAD THING, especially when they are sharp and/or critical! :eek:
Plus, the sheath is ambidextrous!
Otherwise, better be some thick Kydex! You know how vicious the serrations are on this blade!
Enjoy your jumpmaster (mine still scares me...just a little :p )!
hickster
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

Woa, Maddox! Haven't seen one of those in a long while.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

SoCal Operator wrote:Woa, Maddox! Haven't seen one of those in a long while.
Yeah, the Maddox appeared on ebay the other day with a "buy it now" option, so I took the plunge. I like it!
seacat

Post by seacat »

Any plans for a Jumpmaster Plainedge? I would buy one , anyone else?
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

seacat wrote:Any plans for a Jumpmaster Plainedge? I would buy one , anyone else?
I would buy one, I think every knife should be offered in both SE & PE that way everyone could get there preference.
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

The Jumpmaster Plain Edge's are already available in Japan where they are far more popular than the SE.............you can get them thru a number of Tokyo and other dealers.........a quick search on one of the older threads should give you the addresses.

One or two members here already have them if I'm not mistaken.

Regards,

BRIAN
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Whats also available is an SS PE Harpy in japan but not here,which i would also love to have.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Jay_Ev wrote:I wasn't really a big fan of the volcano pattern FRN until I got this knife. Now I have a new found appreciation for it.

Jay
nice knife...the volcano frn is found on the endura and delica 3s...this new frn scale is call bi-directional something i believe.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

buglerbilly wrote:The Jumpmaster Plain Edge's are already available in Japan where they are far more popular than the SE.............you can get them thru a number of Tokyo and other dealers.........a quick search on one of the older threads should give you the addresses.
Regards,

BRIAN
Brian,

I did a search and was unable to find it. Do you have the link to the thread? Thanks :)
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

Jay...The website is G.Sakai....You have to print out the order form, fill it out and fax it back to them....Price is based on the exchange rate.......John
...Far more .....:spyder: than i need
But no where near as many as I want......
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Jay, that's an awesome blade. I've had an itch to buy a Spyderco fixed blade too. I may go for an Aqua Salt or maybe the Temp 2, if I can afford it. Congrats on the new Spydie! :)
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil