Upgrade Complete

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

TazKristi wrote:David,
I wouldn't be against adding a few more emoticons, but it's not as easy as you think. They aren't there, they actually have to be built. Unfortunately that's just not something I have the time to do. Perhaps in the future.

Brad (And Tony),
It seems that might be a little of both. I can see the links at the bottom, but not the corresponding icons. I'll look into it, but for now, it's low on the list. :o

Kristi
Kirsti , i found strangely enough there doesn't is to much fuzz about copyright issues on the emoticon issue . So building is not needed just downsize to preferred forum use.
Maarten
member of FFG Club
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

The Deacon wrote:Nope, it's not your computer. When I use IE, I see a small red X and the text. When I use Firefox, which I normally do, they just look like normal text hyperlinks. The bookmarks are new, but I can't say for sure if the reload button issue is linked to the upgrade or if it's been missing all along.

My guess is the images for those five buttons (reload plus the four bookmarks) either are missing from the directory they're suppose to be in, or their names are incorrect. Just looked at the page source and they're all suppose to be in a directory called images/misc and the image names are:

navbits_finallink_ltr.gif
bookmarksite_digg.gif
bookmarksite_delicious.gif
bookmarksite_stumbleupon.gif
bookmarksite_google.gif

If I'm reading the HTML correctly, there are also two images missing that are associated with the tags (11x11progress.gif and progress.gif) but for some reason I don't get a red X in IE and they're not hyperlinks so they don't show up at all in Firefox. The directory definitely exists, because the image for the "Go Back" button (little open folder in upper left of page, just to left of forum names) shows up.
Paul, I think you are reading it correctly. For now, I've disabled those links, I think they are less important than some of the other features. Perhaps I can get it resolved down the road. :)
There is nothing more important than this one day.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

For what it's worth, I've had a red X for a "Reload this Page" button since I registered. The refresh button on IE still works, so I don't really need that button anyway.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.