Para 2 - can we hope for a 4 way clip?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Para 2 - can we hope for a 4 way clip?

Post by 224477 »

The current Para is good, but why is it missing a 4 way clip?

Sal,
any plans for an ambi Para and Millie ambidextrous?
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
sal

Post by sal »

When we redesign the knife, we will surely add a 4 way clip.

sal
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

sal wrote:When we redesign the knife, we will surely add a 4 way clip.

sal
hooray for tip-up!
knife_junky

Post by knife_junky »

Wow, hats off to :spyder: Sal and crew for taking input from the end users!! I am so used to the "hush hush" ways over at Benchmade, dont get me wrong I think they put out so incredible products but I do believe they missed the boat when it comes to using a company forum for what it was intended for.. This is rather refreshing..
edge-e

Post by edge-e »

sal wrote:When we redesign the knife, we will surely add a 4 way clip.

sal
Sal, can it have a low rider wire clip as well. :)
Spydiman

Post by Spydiman »

knife_junky wrote:Wow, hats off to :spyder: Sal and crew for taking input from the end users!! I am sooo used to and sick of the hush hush ways over at Benchmade, dont get me wrong I think they put out so incredible products but sure beleieve they missed the boat when it comes to what a forum like this is intended to do..
shiny footprints.... :rolleyes:
".........I've been called an "enemy of the planet" for not living within walking distance of where I work and shop - by a guy with six kids! Needless to say he was a bit upset when I suggested he walk home and drown four or five of them."

-The Deacon
Manix Guy 2

Thank You Sal !

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

IMO all Mils should be Ambi and up or down for our people in harms way . Thank you for thinking of them ! Regards MG2
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx knife Junky,

I think this explains our position:

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!

Hi Edge-e,

A deep pocket wire clip is challenging for tip down. That's one of the reasons the design hasn't been updated. A 4 way wire would be my preference, but it's a lot harder to do for long term use than it might seem.

Thanx MG2,

We always think of our troops first. How 'bout them Seals in Somalia? :D

sal
duff72

Post by duff72 »

:D
SecSpyral wrote:hooray for tip-up!
:D

+1
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

sal wrote: We always think of our troops first. How 'bout them Seals in Somalia? :D
sal
Thinking the same thing. I wonder if they have the jumpmaster yet :cool:
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
CutMePaulie

Post by CutMePaulie »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:IMO all Mils should be Ambi and up or down for our people in harms way . Thank you for thinking of them ! Regards MG2
I agree that the option is critical for soldiers, police officers, fire fighters, etc. For them it is a need. I also understand the desire among the general public for options when it comes to clip orientation. But for us, I think it's really more of a want than a need. I never understand when a tip-down (or up for others) configured knife is actually a deal-breaker for some people. What specific situations do those with such stringent clip requirements find themselves in that the half-second it takes to rotate the knife is too much? And please don't mention the word "tactical" if you're not a professional in harm's way. :rolleyes:

p.s. Let's not anyone get bent over this as I'm mostly just playing devil's advocate.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I'm not left handed but it is nice to see the option become available for those who are. :)
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

sal wrote:Thanx knife Junky,

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!

Hi Edge-e,

A deep pocket wire clip is challenging for tip down. That's one of the reasons the design hasn't been updated. A 4 way wire would be my preference, but it's a lot harder to do for long term use than it might seem.

Thanx MG2,

sal
Sal, this whole post (not to mention your great knives) is why I will be a Spyderco customer for life. You build knives that are excellent performers and listen to ELU's and make design changes and whole knife designs based on what the ELU's want, all without getting every last cent you can out of us, as there are several models you could definately charge more for and easily get more money for yet you don't. And your great support of our troops, and that great comment about how our brave SEALs took out those pirates to save a fellow American makes me love Spyderco even more as fellow patriots.

Mike
edge-e

Post by edge-e »

sal wrote:Thanx knife Junky,

Hi Edge-e,

Thanx MG2,

sal
I hear you sal.It's just the superhawk's clip is the cats arse.The superhawk is buy far the best ergo's and fit and finish spyderco's ever produced. :spyder:
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

edge-e wrote:I hear you sal.It's just the superhawk's clip is the cats arse.The superhawk is buy far the best ergo's and fit and finish spyderco's ever produced. :spyder:
+100% on the Superhawk. That is a GREAT knife.

Mike
angusW

Post by angusW »

In the short time that I've owned a Spydie and going onto this forum, I have to agree that Sal and Spyderco are one of the finer companies around.

I'm in the process right now of looking for a millie and being left handed I've been thinking of modding the scales for left handed carry.

So when is the new millie going gold? :D