More wharncliffe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

More Wharncliffe?

Yay
84%
Nay
16%

Total votes: 87

tradja

Post by tradja »

Jazz wrote:What kind of knife did you carry, tradja, if that's okay to ask on this forum?
Well, for the last 424 miles of the hike (from Grants, NM to the Mexican border) I picked up a Spyderco Native because I had been curious about the Native, and the 5-month hike seemed like a rare and unique opportunity to test a knife under those specific demands. However, the neck knife was not a Spyderco. :o I will send you a PM with a link to a write-up of the hike with pics/reviews of both knives.

I became and remain convinced that a small to medium wharncliffe with a cutting-oriented grind, good ergos, and good steel (e.g. current and future Spyderco offerings) is an awesome and versatile tool unless you're skinning something.

More wharncliffe!
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

I like it alot safety orange G10 vg10 holds an edge very good. :)
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Jazz wrote:Thanks, bro - it never gets any easier, does it?
Do you have the Urban? What do you think of it overall?

- best wishes, Jazz.
Safety orange G10 VG10 holds an edge very well,It`s great. It`s worth the wait. :)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Lord vader wrote:Safety orange G10 VG10 holds an edge very well,It`s great. It`s worth the wait. :)
Awesome... :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

I am bumping this thread as i'm a wharncliffe afi. ;)

I've given this thread some thinking over . Due to global economic crisis us hard working people at regular pay have not much room for the expensive stuff. I am for sure.

I will get an orange urban as i'm already familiar with slightly larger and awesome caly 3 vg10 plain.

I also like the D4 very much for general edc but i think if the Co would put a classic wharncliffe style blade in it like on the centofante 4 and a flatgrind it would make a great addition to the already popular delica line.
The purpose of wharncliffies is mainly for detailed finer delicate cutting cores so if they could fit a 2mm thick bladestock in a D4 that would me awesome imo...

What do you think?
;)
Maarten
member of FFG Club
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

MAT888 wrote:I am bumping this thread as i'm a wharncliffe afi. ;)

I've given this thread some thinking over . Due to global economic crisis us hard working people at regular pay have not much room for the expensive stuff. I am for sure.

I will get an orange urban as i'm already familiar with slightly larger and awesome caly 3 vg10 plain.

I also like the D4 very much for general edc but i think if the Co would put a classic wharncliffe style blade in it like on the centofante 4 and a flatgrind it would make a great addition to the already popular delica line.
The purpose of wharncliffies is mainly for detailed finer delicate cutting cores so if they could fit a 2mm thick bladestock in a D4 that would me awesome imo...

What do you think?
;)
Wharncliffe fans unite! I like your idea, but it could stay the regular thickness for me, as long as the grind is full flat or nice and high. A Wharnie Delica would be great! I think Wharnies can be and are great hard working blades, plus they have that beautiful, useful point.

- best wishes, Jazz.