Slipjoint Hawkbill anyone?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kaizen

Slipjoint Hawkbill anyone?

Post by Kaizen »

Did a quick search and didn't see anything about this. What does everyone think about a(n) Urban/ UKPK with a hawkbill blade?

Sorry if this has been done before.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

that does sound like a good idea! I bet the guys in the UK would love that
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

Kaizen wrote:What does everyone think about a(n) Urban/ UKPK with a hawkbill blade?
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY :)
War is mostly waiting.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Definitely Yes Yes Yes
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

A hawkbill blade would look good in the urban handle.I would like to have one.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Wow I think that would be just looking for trouble. I would want a very hard half stop with that one if it ever came out.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
BMBob

Post by BMBob »

How about one with a Cricket-style reverse-S blade (and serrations as an option, for me...)?

I just put my SS Cricket SE back in my pocket in lieu of my Urban because I love the SE and the "beak" on the blade for the "picking" type tasks that come up every day!
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i feel like hawkbills are better suited to rural and marine EDC tasks... not so much urban tasks.

i wonder how it would perform... a hawk in a slipjoint?
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

David Lowry wrote:Wow I think that would be just looking for trouble. I would want a very hard half stop with that one if it ever came out.
Could you elaborate on this? I don't think I understand what you mean. I thought it might be safer than a slippie with a normal tip since the hawkbill shape encourages the user to cut in a way that puts pressure against the edge, as opposed to tempting one to pierce with the tip where the likelyhood of the blade closing would increase. By suggesting for it to be like the Urban/UKPK, I meant adding a finger choil for added safety.

Regarding urban carry, in edcing an se Tasman Salt, I haven't found myself in a situation where it wasn't sufficient to do the job. And at the same time, it makes it easier for deeper cuts which is an interesting feature.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

a finger choil is a must have for a slipit! I am picturing a tasman with orange G10. looks amazing in my head :cool:
War is mostly waiting.
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

BMBob wrote:How about one with a Cricket-style reverse-S blade (and serrations as an option, for me...)?

I just put my SS Cricket SE back in my pocket in lieu of my Urban because I love the SE and the "beak" on the blade for the "picking" type tasks that come up every day!
I was just thinking how nice a slipjoint Cricket would be.
~Jeff