Edc..v?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
brandonreed2008

Edc..v?

Post by brandonreed2008 »

Anyone here have a spydie that is always in there vehicle in case of emergency? Car, boat, ATV, whatever gets you around.

I always have my Assist clamped on my sun flap (brain fart, what is it called again :p ) with the carbide tip facing towards the window.
War is mostly waiting.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

ya man you just never know wat you might need it for!
Although I always have a spyder on me I still have one of my natives in my center console in my truck 24/7 :cool:
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

i used to keep a real cheap army navy store 5 dollar barrel special knife in my truck. but stopped. usually just whatever knife i have on me at the time...usually a UKPK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

For a long time I've had a serrated yellow Salt I in my sun visor. I also have a Res-Q-Me on my keychain. They can be found here: http://www.resqme.com/
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I don't know what I hadn't thought of that before but I might have to get a Assist and do the same
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I keep a vintage Spyderco Standard SE in my truck's dashboard ashtray. For emergency use or for when, for some reason, I leave my Caly 3 EDC at home and I want something in my pocket. For what it's worth, I also carry a little Boker Rescom in the center console lid compartment, although I don't know if it really would work for, say cutting seat belts as well as the Assist, or the Byrd Cara Cara Rescue...
uncleknife

a serrated harpy in my car & a plain edge harpy on daughter's visor

Post by uncleknife »

I have a serrated harpy on my car's visor & a plain edge harpy on daughter's visor, wifey has a gray plain edge calypso jr.

My daughter's girlfriends actually told her they feel safe in her car with a wicked knife in the car.
Her date's are (by my design) nervous. - call her ms. bobbit - as in bob-it right off.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

after being in 2 accidents with everything that wasn't tied down going flying... and a 3rd one where that didn't matter cause it was flying anyways... I don't keep anything loose in my vehicle.

Anything that doesn't fit in my backpack doesn't go.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

lol ya you need to be careful having knives in your car, someone on this forum (i cant remember who) ended up with a dragonfly in their cigarrette lighter!! lol that could be bad....

vampyrewolf was that you by chance? lol
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
SEH95B

Post by SEH95B »

I always keep a Blackhawk Hawkhook on my person.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I keep a black bladed combo edge Delica IV in my emergency kit which I keep in the car.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
araneae

Post by araneae »

Orange Rescue in the glove box for me.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

spyderHS08 wrote:lol ya you need to be careful having knives in your car, someone on this forum (i cant remember who) ended up with a dragonfly in their cigarrette lighter!! lol that could be bad....

vampyrewolf was that you by chance? lol
that was actually me, the starter of this thread hahha.
War is mostly waiting.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

My Salt is cliped to paracord that is tied tightly around my visor so it cannot fly off in an accident.

;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I have my Orange FRN Assist I clipped in the forward position of my LFP when I'm driving. I don't leave it in the vehicle, unless I'm going into a public area (store, restaurant, etc.), in which case I'll leave it in the console.
Tank

Post by Tank »

I have an Orange Assist in my truck and an orange 73mm rescue in my wifes.
-John
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

I always have my grey Caly Jr. in my center console of my GTI. I dont like being with out a spydie.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

AssistII on the sun visor :)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

I keep an M1 bag on the front passenger seat in my Jeep. It has a ZDP D4, a DMT diafold sharpener, a Streamlight TL2 w/ spare batteries, a firestarter, a screwdriver, and a leatherman in it, with a little room to spare if I need to pack something else for a specific trip.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
nabobz

Post by nabobz »

I have a stainless serrated Endura II clipped in the pocket of the sunvisor in my Ram. Its something to play with while sitting in traffic or at long lights. :)
The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
-Thomas Jefferson
Endura II SS SE
Native PE
Tenacious PE
Bug
Byrd Crossbill G10 SE
Byrd Robin SS CE
Tasman Salt (Yellow) PE
Byrd Wings Slip-it