Ti Salsa Questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brandon

Ti Salsa Questions

Post by Brandon »

Howdy! I need a couple of questions answered about the Ti Salsa. Is it a Framelock? Does it have the Wire clip like on the Aluminium one? and last is it also made in Taiwan? I want to get one but probably won't be able to make myself carry a knife that says Taiwan stamped on the blade. Thanks

Brandon
double axe

Post by double axe »

Hi brandon,The salsa'a lock is a compression lock and i think it has the same wire clip but i don't know where it is made!
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

it just looked different on the Titanium one. maybe it's just me
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

The alum. one has a nested compression lock and the Ti has a integeral compression lock.There is a differance.

Jeff
Rookie

Post by Rookie »

What is the difference?

In the land of knives, Spyderco is king.
double axe

Post by double axe »

Hi rookie,If you own a millie or a centofante linerlock, look at their lock(the liners are not as big as the gunting,these are mini liners)These liners are also nested(recessed in the G 10 or Ti)This feature allows the knife to be thinner and lighter but also permits a stronger lock!(go to EDGEucation>anatomy)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Brandon. As mentioned, both have variations of compression locks, one being nested and the other integral.

Spyderco thinks of the maker in terms of skill, passion and commitment. We are very particular with regards to out quality, we do our own testing, and we are very difficult to please. When we can find a potential maker that has the necessary qualities to make our knives, we try to give them an opportunity. We've used makers all over the world in our search for quality. few are able to continue working with us.

This particular maker, in addition to his skill, equipment & passion, was not afraid to try an ingetral compression lock which is very hard to make. He was able to buiild and deliver a good quality product.

Rather than consider the country, perhaps you can alter your thinking to "It says Spyderco on it, and that means more than the country".

sal