Edc The Endura4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIXWORLD

Edc The Endura4

Post by MANIXWORLD »

do you think the E4 is just that bit on the big side for edc,or does this one suit your edc needs fine?
catamount

Post by catamount »

I EDC an E4 Wave SE (along with several other :spyder: s). It's got enough edge to handle a wide variety of tasks, and you don't really notice it in your pocket until you need it.

The E4 may not be the best choice for use around NKPs, but, otherwise, it makes a very nice EDC.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

......for me, because of it's slim handle design and light weight, the Endura is one of my preferred EDC's. However, on the days I carry it I tend to pair it with a smaller slip joint for versatility. The Endura was my first Spyderco, nearly 25 years ago, and today, if I were to have to choose just one Spydie ( heaven forbid ! :) ).....the Endura would win every time. I know it's not the right choice for everyone, but it works for me. There's just something about the handle design, blade shape and size, and weight that I really like. I find it to be a very effective tool. Mine's been a real "workhorse".

- regards
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

E-4, big?

That all depends on where you live and what you're used too.

I wouldn't mind a 4.5" Endura myself. :D
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo
ASHTXSNIPER

Post by ASHTXSNIPER »

Joshua J. wrote:E-4, big?

That would be nice.
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

Joshua J. wrote:E-4, big?

Agreed!!! also depends what you are using it for. For legal reasons i carry smaller knives, ie Delica or my new fav the Sage. My usual uses are very light duty.

When I'm out in the wilderness then i carry my much larger Stretch.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

In the end, the only thing that really matters is whether YOU think it's too big for YOU to EDC. There are folks here who EDC the Military and would consider the Endura puny. There are others who'd consider a Delica "too big" for their tastes. I've reached the point where I want the most blade I can comfortably carry. The key word there is comfortably. I carry my knives loose in my back pocket, so they have to be short enough when closed to ride horizontally in the bottom of that pocket. The Endura is a bit too big for that, the Stretch and Schempp Persian, just right. But, if your carry method is different, the extra quarter inch of blade the Endura offers might well be worth having. I cannot remember a single occasion where I thought "Gee, this job would be a whole lot easier if I had a smaller knife".
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
duff72

Post by duff72 »

Carry one every day in the rf pocket and love the thin lightweight design
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
amen74

Post by amen74 »

The Endura is a lightweight large knife. Great EDC IMO.
Until you carry a Millie, then it feels like a Delica.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
coltsfan8116

Post by coltsfan8116 »

Works perfect in my Duty bag, I got mine for EDC and though after getting it that it was a little bog for my taste so i got a Delica and put the Endura in the front pocket of my Duty bag and it get quite a bit of use....
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Not at all, but there is no knife length law where I live. I used to EDC E4 till I bought a military, now I edc a CE military and a PE tenacious.
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Maybe a bit big for office carry but after work/weekends it's fine for me. Tough as nails, does most cutting very well.
THG

Post by THG »

The Delica used to be the "perfect size" for me. After using the Endura for a little while (taking down about 7 boxes), the Delica became the "mini knife," and the Endura became the "perfect size." :o
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I tend to edc my caly III, I think the Endura is a little bit too big and, frankly, I don't like the grind. I prefer, for some strange reason, to have a PE for EDC, but for my hardcore worker I use an SE (usually my Millie, but before that, it was an E3).
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
Manix Guy 2

Just right !

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Manixworld , I warn you , if you buy one , more will come to add to the fun . MG2
tkdman41

Post by tkdman41 »

I've carried my one of my enduras every day for probably 2 years now and love it.
Endura ZDP-189 CE | Endura Wave CE | Salt 1 PE | Centofante 3 PE | Tenacious PE | Tenacious SE | MT02 Second | MT03 | JD Smith | Caly 3 ZDP-189 CF | Bill Moran | Military | Tasman PE | Stretch 2 CF | Endura | Delica | Dragon Fly
TexSierra

Post by TexSierra »

My every day carry for the past 10 years has been my SpyderEdge Endura. I have since added a Spyderench and my brand new Captain. The Endura has never let me down, and never left me wanting anything else. It fits in the hand perfectly, its edge is pure utility.

Oh, and to make my EDC even more fun, I also carry a Leatherman Supertool 200 with driver attachment and a selection of bits, my 2AA Maglight flashlight and my Iphone. My pockets/belt are full, but I always have the tools I need, no matter the situation.
boboakalfb

Post by boboakalfb »

I currently pair a Kreined E4 with a smaller folder for random office duties. I think it's a very versatile size.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I frequently carry my Krein'd ZDP Endura and my CE Endura Wave. The size is good for EDC, if not slightly small for me. For perspective, I find the Delica to be entirely too small, and the Manix to be pleasantly --yet sveltely-- chunky. Oh, and I carry the Manix in dress slacks without any trouble. Heck, I don't even notice it.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
BMBob

Post by BMBob »

I carry a serrated Endura 3. It works great. I would love to get an Endura 4, but spending extra money isn't in the cards right now...

Actually, I've really wanted an Atlantic Salt, though since I'm not planning on buying much too soon, maybe I'll wait until the rescue gets the Endura/Delica 4 handle treatment. That would be awesome. I really like the sheepsfoot blades that I've had a chance to use.