Caught... but not completely

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Don Ellis

Caught... but not completely

Post by Don Ellis »

I was opening the car this morning and Leela glanced at my keyring, spotted my newish stainless-steel Ladybug (which for normal people blends in with the shiny metal keys), and asked, You’re carrying THREE knives now?

Leaving me to wonder, Which one doesn’t she know about?

So... any another superheroes been unmasked? :rolleyes:

Don

Miss Eagle-eye... (I fell in love with her looks… how was I to know she had a brain? :D )

ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I think my wife knows about my collection... she found some of them. And she knows that I almost always carry 1 (that she can see :p ). However, I don't know if she knows about the rest of my collection.

I believe she knows about my EDC pile, but to here they are my knives as they all sorta look alike - except for the Pink D4 and Blue D4 and Cocobolo Kopa, everything else is Black - yes, she doesn't see the difference in sizes, nor shape, nor material :) )

But, I think she knows about the rest but is not letting up. She's not dumb, so maybe she's just waiting for me to fess up :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Sword of Morning

Post by Sword of Morning »

They always know more than you think they know. Sometimes you've been caught all along and they just let you think you're smooth to give you a false sense of security. :D
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

My wife has slowly learned throughout our years together as I have been teaching her. Not sure if it's a good thing that I have been teaching her though....Now she knows what they cost :eek:
bh49

my wife

Post by bh49 »

I am married for 24 years and my wife is a wonderful woman. She helps me to arrange my knives in display cases, my wife knows that I carry at least two knives in my pockets, she likes Persians and Kopas, and we carry the same Orange Ladybugs. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

I carry a Dragonfly and Endura 4 but my GF only knows about my Dragonfly. She sees the metal clip in my pocket but doesn't see the difference from the stainless steel end that stick out from the Dragonfly to the Endura4.

I keep the Dragonfly at the bottom of my pocket so it only looks like I have one knife in my pocket. I don't think my girlfriend would like my Endura4 just yet.

When I need a knife when the GF is around I just reach deep in my pocket for the Dragonfly then put it back. Good thing I don't need my Endura4 very often.

Many of you may think of this as deceitful but I don't like the idea of needing a knife that's not there, so just in case I feel it is my duty to carry it.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Great post.

It's so cool how this place brings us all together from all over the globe.

Beautiful wife there.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

bh49 wrote:I am married for 24 years and my wife is a wonderful woman. She helps me to arrange my knives in display cases, my wife knows that I carry at least two knives in my pockets, she likes Persians and Kopas, and we carry the same Orange Ladybugs. :)
now that is a cute picture right there.

24 years, wow congrats. My wife and I haven't even been married a year yet :) I've known her my whole life though.

Anyway, I couldn't get her to carry a little ladybug for the life of me, she takes my military EVERYWHERE. It's like I don't even own one. Well, I'm going to get her an orange one when they are available so I can get mine back from her :D
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I've never been married, and I've got my girlfriend of fourteen years carrying a ZDP Delica. She's given up complaining about how many knives I carry except on the rare occasions when I have to dress up. :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't care in the least. When I get another one in the mail she just says, "oh you ordered another knife?" Of course I constantly cycle my collection so it is hard for me to even keep track, right now I have 5 but I want to sell two of them soon.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Don Ellis

Post by Don Ellis »

Leela may “catch” me, but not disapprovingly… although there might have been a touch of indulgence in her question considering the number of knives I carry.

Thanks to everyone for joining in, and especially to David Lowry and SecSpyral for the nice comments. Seventeen years ago, I saw Leela coming down an escalator as I was going up. When I got to the top, I followed her -- it was over too fast to be stalking :cool: -- and we've been walking in the same direction ever since.

For the curious, Leela is Indian. Her parents are from Kerala in south India and she was born and raised in Penang, Malaysia, where she received a British education. When I met her, she owned The Price of Wales Pub in Wanchai. After 17 years as a publican, she sold it in 1999 to take up writing full-time.

But back to the subject of unmasking, I’m a Gemini, so I buy two of nearly everything -- including two Stretch 2s. And that in itself is camouflage – not many people would imagine you were crazy enough to buy two of the same knife unless they were for the silverware drawer. :D

Cheers,
Don
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Beautiful Lady Don................ ;)

I don't worry about what I buy and own and carry or not BUT then again I've been divorced twice!!!

No partner to speak of and I promise not to get married again but then again my late Uncle was married 5 times and I REALLY look like and take after him.......... :D :D :D

My Kids remain amused by knife collecting and they are the ONLY people I take notice of.

Regards,

BRIAN
feeny

Post by feeny »

Datan, I seen pictures of your collection... How can she NOT know??
cmassicotte

Post by cmassicotte »

datan wrote:I think my wife knows about my collection... she found some of them. And she knows that I almost always carry 1 (that she can see :p ). However, I don't know if she knows about the rest of my collection.

I believe she knows about my EDC pile, but to here they are my knives as they all sorta look alike - except for the Pink D4 and Blue D4 and Cocobolo Kopa, everything else is Black - yes, she doesn't see the difference in sizes, nor shape, nor material :) )

But, I think she knows about the rest but is not letting up. She's not dumb, so maybe she's just waiting for me to fess up :D

OMG!

I am not alone with my secret obsession.

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!!!

for sharing. :)

My name is Chuck.

And I am a Spydieholic. :D
There is no right way to do a wrong thing
MCM

Post by MCM »

How about all the small white Priority mail box's that get delivered?

That take's 'em a while to get used to.

The trick is to create the illusion of more or = # box's going out as coming in..... :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......