I finally got a Civilian! :)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacTech

I finally got a Civilian! :)

Post by MacTech »

I guess it was meant to be, long story short, I was at Kittery Trading post performing a repair on one of the Macs in their advertising department, and after I finished the repair, I stopped off at the knife counter to take a look at their used knives, I'm always on the hunt for a bargain/rare knife

And what did I see, but a mint-condition Civvie in it's soft case, I checked it out, and fell in love with it (boy, the Civvie is even scarier in person than it is online! ;) ) I *HAD* to have it!

....unfortunately, I got laid off from my job on Jan 29, and dropping money on a new knife, lets be honest, a *toy* would not be the most logical thing to do, but Og-Dammit, I *WANTED* that Civvie! it was calling to me....

So, I went home, gathered up some of my extra knives and went back to KTP, traded them in for store credit, and was able to pick up the Civvie for just $20 out-of-pocket, that I *CAN* handle...

The Civvie is in mint condition, the tip is still splinter-picker fine, it looks like the previous owner never even used it, and hopefully, I won't have to use it either, it will be carried more as a tool to be admired, pop it open, admire the gracefully curved lines, and wickedly vicious SpyderEdge, and just hope it never bites me, this is one tool that will be treated with the utmost respect, as I can sense it's thirst for blood, it's a truly vicious knife, a superb example of focusing on one goal, to make the ultimate personal defense blade

I shudder when thinking the amount of damage that wickedly curved serrated edge could cause, and hope it *never* comes into play

This is one Spydie that *must* be treated with the utmost respect, like the Karambit, both knives are designed for one purpose only, to seperate flesh in the most effective and efficient manner possible

Looks like my other serrated hawkbills have finally found their long-lost big brother...
Save the Dodo (Collect the whole set!)
Proud owner of 3 Blue Dodo's, SE#130, SE, and PE
Join the Cult Of H-1....
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

The civilian is a surefire great addition to a collection such as the one you have,And its one that will definitely get the job done that you mentioned. :)
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

Very nice.....congrats.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Congrats Mactech !

I too have been hankering for the longest time on this particular folder. Why I haven't got it as yet is only because I cannot see myself using it on a daily basis. However, the curves on this thing is so seductive that I will have to indulge in one very shortly.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Good to see others also not being able to control their lust :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

Nice Civilian, it is indeed a wicked blade. I was drooling over a picture of the Superhawk I just ordered last night, and my wife says "Look at the gutting knife!". Without looking I knew it must have been a Civilian, and sure enough it was. It is an utterly wicked blade that I have on my to get list, but I just haven't been able to justify to myself getting a knife that I will hope to never have to use. One day I will justify it, but new designs that I will use continue to come out from Spyderco at a faster pace than my wallet can keep up with.

Mike
boboakalfb

Post by boboakalfb »

gunmike1 wrote:It is an utterly wicked blade that I have on my to get list, but I just haven't been able to justify to myself getting a knife that I will hope to never have to use.
Exactly my thoughts.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I've been toying with getting one too! Sadly, atm the Aussie dollar sucks. When it picks up I might try and get one.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i agree the civilian is much more crazy and wicked in person than in pics
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

wait wait wait. There's a place you can trade in knives for store credit to buy more knives!?!?!

Where is this knife gamestop like utopia. :confused:
MacTech

Post by MacTech »

SecSpyral wrote:wait wait wait. There's a place you can trade in knives for store credit to buy more knives!?!?!

Where is this knife gamestop like utopia. :confused:
Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine, I live about 5 minutes away

they take knives, flashlights and firearms in trade for either cash or store credit, you get a little more trading for store credit
Save the Dodo (Collect the whole set!)
Proud owner of 3 Blue Dodo's, SE#130, SE, and PE
Join the Cult Of H-1....
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

MacTech wrote:Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine, I live about 5 minutes away

they take knives, flashlights and firearms in trade for either cash or store credit, you get a little more trading for store credit
well thats it. I'm moving to Maine.

No, I'm not, but thats still awesome. Where I live, we don't even have a normal B&M knife store, unless you drive 30 min. into Miami....and that's not exactly my favorite place to go shop for guns and knives....