Spyderco in movies and on tv

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
thelock

Post by thelock »

I am watching End of watch, and Jake Gyllenhaal just pulled out a Boker Jim Wagner knife and he said it was a Spyderco, what a fail lol
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Bob Lum Tanto Sprint
:spyder: Anso Zulu
:spyder: Szabo Folder
:spyder: Delica ZDP-189
:spyder: SS Kiwi
:spyder: SS Bug set
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I think Lady Gaga whipped out a Tuff in her latest music video. Could have been a Ladybug. Hard to tell...

TedP
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

jabba359 wrote:Sigh... You can lead a horse to a hyperlink, but you can't make him click. If you look at the screenshot on the last page of the link I provided above, you can see that the knife in The Hunter has a sabre grind, so it can't be a Tenacious or Persistence, as those are both FFG (unless there is another Spyderco in the movie). Looks to be a Delica, as CaptainTim noted in his post that resurrected this obsolete thread.
Same sigh. I posted on the other thread - it was a Delica and it was not just a little cameo. Dafoe used it several times to cut cord for traps and in one scene they showed him clipping in his front pant pocket. You know it was going to get some more air time since movies dont show stuff that is unnecessary - sure enough he used it to save his a__ later in the movie - I vote it best starring role of a Spyderco in a movie - not just a cameo.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
doctorknife

Post by doctorknife »

In the new Parker movie with Jason Statham, is that Spyderco Police stainless steel full serrated ? ))))
A moderate degree of courage joined to great ability will produce greater effects than moderate ability with great courage.
- Carl von Clausewitz

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Spyderco Military Digital Camo CPM-S30V
Spyderco Endura Spyderedge VG-10
Spyderco Matriarch w/ Emerson opener VG-10
Spyderco Resilience 8Cr13MoV
Spyderco Delica Spyderedge ZDP-189
Spyderco Manix XL CPM-S30V
Spyderco Sage Blue Bolt Action CPM-S30V
Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow Spyderedge H1
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: Spyderco in movies and on tv

Post by Mad Mac »

In Strange Days, a 1995 action movie set in a dystopian Los Angeles, New Year's Eve Y2K (the Rodney King LA riots were in 1992), director Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) cast Louise LeCavalier (Canada), a renowned contemporary dancer known for her blond dreadlocks as Cindy 'Vita' Minh, nemesis to Angela Bassett's Mace Mason, girl Friday for the lead, Lenny Nero played by Ralph Fiennes (of the English Patient). In a game of Spydie, rock, pistol, Mace wins and walks away uncut.

You experts determine the knife at hand but my guess is Mariner.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

But wait, there's more. About two hours into the movie, Nero's best friend Max played by Tom Sizemore (Blackhawk Down) stabs him ice pick style in the back during a fight in a high rise apartment. That's not all. Max goes over the balcony and is hanging on by Nero's tie. Don't get ahead of me. Nero pulls the knife out of his back and cuts the tie.

The Spydie is never clearly visible but my guess is a Police SE.

Juliette Lewis (Cape Fear) is in it, too. But she doesn't wear a Spydie -- or anything else in some scenes.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I have not been on here in a long while, but I spotted a Byrd in a strange location!
http://www.notubes.com/Movies_yellow_tape_install.aspx

it also has some nice work done on the handle, but I have not gotten further into the video to see if there is a better angle.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Mad Mac wrote:In Strange Days, a 1995 action movie set in a dystopian Los Angeles, New Year's Eve Y2K (the Rodney King LA riots were in 1992), director Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) cast Louise LeCavalier (Canada), a renowned contemporary dancer known for her blond dreadlocks as Cindy 'Vita' Minh, nemesis to Angela Bassett's Mace Mason, girl Friday for the lead, Lenny Nero played by Ralph Fiennes (of the English Patient). In a game of Spydie, rock, pistol, Mace wins and walks away uncut.

You experts determine the knife at hand but my guess is Mariner.
Looks like a Rescue? Who would bring that to a knife fight!!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Mad Mac wrote:But wait, there's more. About two hours into the movie, Nero's best friend Max played by Tom Sizemore (Blackhawk Down) stabs him ice pick style in the back during a fight in a high rise apartment. That's not all. Max goes over the balcony and is hanging on by Nero's tie. Don't get ahead of me. Nero pulls the knife out of his back and cuts the tie.

The Spydie is never clearly visible but my guess is a Police SE.

Juliette Lewis (Cape Fear) is in it, too. But she doesn't wear a Spydie -- or anything else in some scenes.
Juliette LEWIS also neglected to shave arm pits in the film...pass!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Of course the most famous Spyderco was the Police used in the shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.

My sister helped me stage that picture to win the Spyderco Picture of the Week.
Here is an actual picture from the movie for you youngsters. (Not a Spyderco.)

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Series premier of Ransom has the kidnapper remove a lock of hair for DNA proof. Stretch?

vivi

Post by vivi »

Training Day features a stainless SE Police.

The Shield shows another stainless Police, along with another stainless model that I believe in an Endura.
archangel

Why not post your recent findings in the master thread?

Post by archangel »

Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Mad Mac

Re: Why not post your recent findings in the master thread?

Post by Mad Mac »

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, " Doh ! "
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Because that's not the master thread. This one is: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14767 ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
archangel

Post by archangel »

jabba359 wrote:
Because that's not the master thread. This one is: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14767 ;)
Ok, you win. Yours is older. Still better post in that one than in a new one, don't you think?

@ MadDoc: :p
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Tenacious in the new Blair witch project.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Anyone an avid fan of Chicago PD? I saw 3 spydercos on the new episode last night and possibly a fourth. Close ups to could even make out the spydie logo. Pretty bad *** that Voight and his entire crew carry spydies. I knew I loved this show for a reason.
Josh
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Joe Rogan Podcast #507 1 hour and 43 minutes in, Bert Kreischer opens a beer with a Spyderco Hungarian Folder.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Just spotted an old gen Endura on Lucifer; S02E01 26:42 ;)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto