SpyderCard...Is this a good deal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jb2009

SpyderCard...Is this a good deal

Post by jb2009 »

At a local hardware store today, looking to see what they had for spydercos....almost ready to cash it in and i saw this grey rectangular thingy....turns out it was this spydercard....being new to this stuff...i am not sure what it is but i got it. Any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks John Oh paid 34 bucks for it
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

A little credit card sized pocket knife,You could actualy fit it right in your wallet. Good find. :) Yes that was a good price.
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

They had 4 or 5 of them all new in a plastic package....packaging was kinda ratty looks like they have been sitting around quite a while.....maybe i should go back and get em all
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

jb2009 wrote:They had 4 or 5 of them all new in a plastic package....packaging was kinda ratty looks like they have been sitting around quite a while.....maybe i should go back and get em all
Get one for me too.Please!! :D
dwong

Post by dwong »

nice, same here....last month i found an display spydercard.
didn't want to pay ebay price for it :D

they also got a ladybug2, but didn't pick that up.
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

Go back and offer to buy them all if they can give a discount because of the packaging. You got a good deal for $34 none the less.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

He had quite a few other discontinued knives too......I was gonna head back 2day....but not sure if my wallet is up 4 it!!
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

jb2009 wrote:He had quite a few other discontinued knives too......I was gonna head back 2day....but not sure if my wallet is up 4 it!!
Tell him you want all of them,then ask him to put it all on layaway.That way you can pay it off slowly and you wont have to worry about anyone else getting them.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I sold a Spydercard I think on BFC a couple years back for I think $45. I priced it to sell because at the time I had seen them on ebay for $65-$85. So yes, I'd say you got a good deal.

Cool knives. I bought several at the time and sold one to a friend who liked them. Still have two. One in PE and one in CE. I've never carried mine. They don't have bad ergonomics considering that they are a square knife, and they are rather big considering they are a wallet knife.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

Lord vader wrote:Tell him you want all of them,then ask him to put it all on layaway.That way you can pay it off slowly and you wont have to worry about anyone else getting them.
Great idea. You could flip some...make your money back, plus have a few to keep for yourself.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

He had 5 all in blister packs...being new to spydercos, i didnt really know what they were til i posted on here...so i went back the next day...having a tough time keeping my emotions in check...or the drool on my chin..lol..musta tipped him off because he decided that maybe he should keep them...I had a heck of a time, but i talked him into one more....so all total i ended up with two SpyderCards with partially serrated edge and a C14SBK Rescue...I think its a nice little find Get out there and check out all those little mom and pop stores you just never know what you'll find!!!!!!
John
...Far more .....:spyder: than i need
But no where near as many as I want......
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Congrats on your Spydercards. I've had a few myself. Great novelty item.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil