Delica IV Sharpening Problems

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

telemeister wrote:The total postage & the $US5 money order was $AUD20, I had a quick look at the place I normally buy my knives and the diamond rods are $US45, which is about $AUD70, add about $US15 shipping (another $AUD23). If the exchange rate was what it was 6 months ago (about $US0.95) then I probably would have bought the diamond rods. But given this is the only knife (of the 26 odd I own) I had trouble with, it probably wasn't worth spending an extra $65.
I use a cheap gerber diamond stone for my reprofiling work, I think it was $10 and works well. You can just lay any stone on top of sharpmaker rod and use it that way.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

jzmtl wrote:I use a cheap gerber diamond stone for my reprofiling work, I think it was $10 and works well. You can just lay any stone on top of sharpmaker rod and use it that way.
I'll have a look around and see if I can find one in Australia.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
bzet

Post by bzet »

I have the same problem with D4 (plain, vg-10), my first spyderco. Unfortunately, removing much metal is the only way I can find to fix the problem
RICHAR

Post by RICHAR »

I Had A Problem With A Centefante 3 (vg-10 ) Geting It Sharp. Sending It Back To Spyderco Was The Solution , They Put A Good Edge On It.
bzet

Post by bzet »

It is a problem for me to send my delica back to Spyderco because of great time of transmission and it's price (I'm living in Russia).
P.S. sorry for my english :)
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

bzet wrote:It is a problem for me to send my delica back to Spyderco because of great time of transmission and it's price (I'm living in Russia).
P.S. sorry for my english :)
I know what you mean. I sent mine back from Australia, but hopefully it wll be worth it! (and its not like I don't have plenty of other knives to use!)
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
frogmorton11

Post by frogmorton11 »

I have two Delicas. A FFG VG-10 with G10 handle, and also a Wave with VG-10. Both of them were wicked sharp when new and easily take a touchup with a Sharpmaker.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

frogmorton11 wrote:I have two Delicas. A FFG VG-10 with G10 handle, and also a Wave with VG-10. Both of them were wicked sharp when new and easily take a touchup with a Sharpmaker.
Sadly, my sabre grind Delica was pretty dodgy from day 1, and the Sharpmaker didn't help at all. If the Delica had FFG or Hollow grind with he FRN handle, that would be awesome, but sadly, it doesn't. I am hoping Spyderco can resolve the issue.
bzet

Post by bzet »

telemeister wrote:I know what you mean. I sent mine back from Australia, but hopefully it wll be worth it! (and its not like I don't have plenty of other knives to use!)
I'm afraid that in my case buying another delica will be easier, then sending knife back to Spyderco :)
Sandpaper is waiting for me :)