Tenacious="Jeans Knife"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AH2525

Tenacious="Jeans Knife"

Post by AH2525 »

I don't know if anyone else is like me. But when I work in an office and only get to wear Jeans on down time, BUT when I'm in jeans I usually gravitate to one knife. For a long time it has been my SS Delica because of size, heft, etc. It was usually my go to when working around the house, doing "tough" jobs, yard work, etc.

However, after a week with my new SE Tenacious, in my opinion it's the perfect "jeans knife" (at least to me). I love the size, perfect for big and small tasks. The feull SE is great for hacking, ripping cuts around the house, ie. cutting up cardboard, yard tasks. And at this price, I'm not overly concerned about loss or even "torturing" it.

So for me the Tenacious has become my go to knife when I'm out of monkey clothes at the office. I also echo all the other comments of how the Tenacious doesn't "feel like what it costs".

Thanks for reading, and please weigh in with your favorite "jeans knife".
boboakalfb

Post by boboakalfb »

That was exactly the reason I ordered one. I just received a plain edge version and will probably be picking up a spyderedge. I wouldn't worry about lending it out either.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Heck, I carry a Manix in dress slacks, so I'm not sure what a jeans knife even is! :P
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Billy

Post by Billy »

I have a full SE Tenacious too and it makes a heckuva yard beater. I LOVE to abuse this knife and see what it will take.
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

I have a pe Tenacious I´ve used for 3 weeks now and it looks like it´s not going to leave my pocket for some time .It´s cheep and really good. :)
169 :spyder: and always room for one more :D
Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

AH2525 wrote:I don't know if anyone else is like me. But when I work in an office and only get to wear Jeans on down time, BUT when I'm in jeans I usually gravitate to one knife.
So what do you wear in your "monkey suit"?
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

I have been using a military as my jeans knife for the following reasons:
-best weight to size ratio
-relatively thin
-open back means i can blow out the dust that accumulates. i had a bunch of lock backs before the millie and the dust was very annoying to me
AH2525

Post by AH2525 »

Monkey Suit Knife is a VG-10 co-pilot has BELIEVE etched on the blade (gift from Kristi and the kind folks at Spyderco).
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

Although I do not have a Tenacious, I see your point, as for me it's my Native SE. I give it a beat down at least once a week and it just shrugs it off.
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes: