CF Kiwi On the Way!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PsychGrad

CF Kiwi On the Way!!!

Post by PsychGrad »

I just placed an order for a CF KIWI, and can't wait. I had the jigged bone version a few years ago, and misplaced in a move... haven't seen it since. :(

My EDC has consistently been an almite slotted navigator, but it will likely get some rest once the Kiwi get here. I've never been one to leave knives in the drawer.

Any suggestions for a lanyard?

Thanks,

Clay
"It's not the critic who counts. The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

PsychGrad wrote:I just placed an order for a CF KIWI, and can't wait. I had the jigged bone version a few years ago, and misplaced in a move... haven't seen it since. :(

My EDC has consistently been an almite slotted navigator, but it will likely get some rest once the Kiwi get here. I've never been one to leave knives in the drawer.

Any suggestions for a lanyard?

Thanks,

Clay
The Kiwi has a rather small lanyard hole. Things that have worked for me are fine round braided leather shoelace (the kind for dress shoes), a braided nylon cord similar to paracord but much thinner (sold by Walmart and probably any crafts store), and white cotton "surveyors cord".

In all cases I threaded the cord through the lanyard hole, then made a hangman's knot with a long slider. Here's an example...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

What I think would look great, but have yet to be able to find is braided horsehair.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!