Orange Dodo sprint! Please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

time we get a sprint pic Image
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

BladeHQ has preorder for $5.00, I preordered mine. Now I'm waiting for the Jester sprint pre-order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

cant afford it at the mo, paying off a mate here who preordered the m390 para for me....I will get it though!, I have to :D
organ

Post by organ »

Pre-ordered from KC. IIRC several pages back Eric claimed that the orange dodo release is still a couple of months out. The guy who just sold one on bladeforums claims he's got a friend at KC and that the release should be "very soon". If someone at KC was able to score his friend one does that mean that KC has received their allotment and that its release is imminent?
ocredyps_

Post by ocredyps_ »

I was wondering the exact same thing
glock and spyderco = love and friendship :spyder:
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I just paid my pre-order over at Blade HQ. This one has been a long time coming.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

organ wrote:Pre-ordered from KC. IIRC several pages back Eric claimed that the orange dodo release is still a couple of months out. The guy who just sold one on bladeforums claims he's got a friend at KC and that the release should be "very soon". If someone at KC was able to score his friend one does that mean that KC has received their allotment and that its release is imminent?
It looked more like a feedback or pre-order scam to me.

The user who posted the knife for trade has some shocking similarities to the poster who "received the knife in trade."

Both have usernames with all caps, both have email addresses that are anonymous and are all caps and both use visitor messages for most inter-forum communication as opposed to private messages.

Until we see some pictures I doubt any trade occurred or that any C80OR are actually on the streets.
organ

Post by organ »

Maybe someone from Spyderco can chime in... if Knife Center hasn't received any Dodos and this guy's lying and feedback farming then he's clearly getting ready to scam someone on bladeforums and that needs to be stopped.
Arcitecht

Post by Arcitecht »

Just preordered from Knifecenter. Been waiting for this for a year and a half, glad I can finally throw some money at Spyderco!
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

I have a pre-order in, let just hope there are enough to go around.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Knife Center last year kept their pre-order button active on the CF Para II long after they were unable to meet orders. I was on the list for months and ended up empty handed. I certainly hope they have rethought their model on this. That's why I went with Blade HQ this time. Would hate to see this happen to folks who have waited for years for this knife to come to fruition. Just thought it is worth mentioning.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I pre-ordered the Dodo from KC and just got an e-mail from them saying they are processing the order and it should ship in 5-7 days. I pre-ordered the Manix2 XL at the same time and haven't received an e-mail in regard to it. SO maybe they do have them and they are about to ship. Who knows

Dear William Davies,

Thank you for shopping at the KnifeCenter. Your entire order should ship within 5-7 business days, if not sooner. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ships. When your order does ship, you will receive an email with the tracking information.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Niles

Post by Niles »

wsdavies wrote:I pre-ordered the Dodo from KC and just got an e-mail from them saying they are processing the order and it should ship in 5-7 days. I pre-ordered the Manix2 XL at the same time and haven't received an e-mail in regard to it. SO maybe they do have them and they are about to ship. Who knows

Dear William Davies,

Thank you for shopping at the KnifeCenter. Your entire order should ship within 5-7 business days, if not sooner. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ships. When your order does ship, you will receive an email with the tracking information.
Don't be fooled. That's an automated email. I got the same thing when I ordered my yojimbo 2, which I still haven't received.
brayou85

Post by brayou85 »

ya im not too big on pre order but i think that may be the only way to get this one. is KC safe ? blade hq was done taking preorders i saw . i like the deposite idea anyone wanna direct me in a safe way to get this iwant it badly
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

I received the same email when I placed my Dodo pre-order at KC, still I highly doubt it will ship in that time frame. KC has dome well for me when it comes to the pre-orders but then again I place my order as soon it is listed.
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

What you get from KC eventually is this:

"Thank you for your order. The item you ordered is a new item that has not yet been released. We will ship your order as soon as the item arrives in our warehouse. You will not be charged until the order ships."
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Either way, no biggy. Later is prob. better for me as my wife is gonna kick my arse when she finds out. Looking at Blade HQ and Howes, they both have the Dodo taken off pre-order, but KC still has there's up...So either they have a big shipment coming in, or as stated above they just keep taking pre-orders. IMO that's just bad business practice. I'll tell you this much, if I didn't make the cut, that's the 1st and last time I order from KC. I prefer to order the large majority of my Spydies from CS as Jeff has the best combo of price and service in the online knife world, but alas CS isn't real web savy when it comes to stuff like pre-orders.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

^ I can almost guarantee that KC will just leave the pre-order up. It is what they did with grey para2. I know a lot of people that had pre-orders in with them for that particular knife and never got them. Just make sure you get a pre-order in some where.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Yea I skipped pre-ordering from BHQ and Howes because I'd already pre-ordered the Manix XL from KC. Live and Learn eh.
Mr.Sparkitle wrote:^ I can almost guarantee that KC will just leave the pre-order up. It is what they did with grey para2. I know a lot of people that had pre-orders in with them for that particular knife and never got them. Just make sure you get a pre-order in some where.
Theodore Roosevelt
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Yeah I only do my pre-orders on sprints. I know that I may not be the first to get a regular production model, but they will always come back in stock. The sprints, once they are gone, they're gone.