Orange Dodo sprint! Please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Bump.

We need a Dodo resurection!
nanoservo

Post by nanoservo »

I don't care what color it is, just put it back in production!
jah

Post by jah »

sal wrote:I heard a rumor that we're supposed to see a proto made from new engineering in a few weeks.

sal
Ackkk.... :) :cool: :D

PE pls

Black bladed DigiCam

Or

Blue Smurf

Or

Orange

Or.....OK..... Pretty much any Dodo. ;)
Lagarb

Post by Lagarb »

Bring Back The Dodo!
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

after this thread i cant believe we dont have one yet, has one person from Spyderco even dropped a note in this thread yet ?

when i picture the orange Dodo i do picture it with a black blade in my head.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

riot wrote:after this thread i cant believe we dont have one yet, has one person from spyderco even dropped a note in this thread yet ?

When i picture the orange dodo i do picture it with a black blade in my head.
+100
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

Dooooh DOH! Dooooohhhh DOH! DOOOOOOOOH DOH! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DOH!
ToXicFrOgXx

Post by ToXicFrOgXx »

I would love to see the DoDo come back. :) I would definatly get my hands on one.
ToXicFrOg
My spderco's include: Full Spyder Edge Cricket (Stainless), Combo Edge Delica 4 (Bi-Directional Grip), Sage 1 (Carbon Fiber), Manix 2 (G-10). :)
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

RIOT wrote:after this thread i cant believe we dont have one yet, has one person from Spyderco even dropped a note in this thread yet ?

Sal has mentioned a prototype of the new engineering.
Instead of a sprint they seem to have taken the long road and re-engineered it to bring it back as an updated regular production run. :)
The more we wait, the more we get.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Creepo wrote:Sal has mentioned a prototype of the new engineering.
Instead of a sprint they seem to have taken the long road and re-engineered it to bring it back as an updated regular production run. :)
The more we wait, the more we get.
I would take sprint for now. IMHO old Dodo was pretty good. With orange scales will be fantastic.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Diesel55

Post by Diesel55 »

I hope this comes out soon, as I have run out of knives to buy. The way it's looking right now, so many interesting knives are slated for Q3 and Q4 release. Which leaves me with very little to buy in the meantime.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

RIOT wrote:after this thread i cant believe we dont have one yet, has one person from Spyderco even dropped a note in this thread yet ?

Yes sal has definately mentioned it! :)
His words were something like "were working on a run for you" but it was posted in another thread about wanting certain models. They are working on one though!! :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

maybe at the next amsterdam meet...?

god i'm missing it again. :( why no east coast?
i go to krakow every few years to see auschwitz then to sobibor, treblinka, belzec, chelmo and i'm with my whole family and can't go to amsterdam alone. (don't trust myslef ;) ) j/k and its so much money to transfer all around europe i'll never make it when spy is there...

TAKE LOTS OF PICS!

everytime we go your allowed to see less and less or must be further and further away
maybe sign theft issues.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

OMG! Orange dodo would be awsome, I missed out on the dodos coming in late on the spydie obsession. So I would love an orange dodo.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bh49

Post by bh49 »

posted 12/6/10
sal wrote:I heard a rumor that we're supposed to see a proto made from new engineering in a few weeks.

sal
SmoothOne25 wrote:maybe at the next amsterdam meet...?
I hope you right.
SmoothOne25 wrote: i go to krakow every few years to see auschwitz then to sobibor, treblinka, belzec, chelmo and i'm with my whole family
everytime we go your allowed to see less and less or must be further and further away maybe sign theft issues.
That is sad.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

SmoothOne25 wrote:maybe at the next amsterdam meet...?

god i'm missing it again. :( why no east coast?
Blade show in Atlanta. Happens a little later than SHOT and the Amsterdam meet.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Either a new model or just a sprint. I have posted many times in the thread i would definitely purchase a dodo sprint. It would be nice to see a new model with a ccb or even a compression lock, but still, a sprint would more than satisfy my needs for a dodo. It was one of the models I missed out on.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Lagarb

Post by Lagarb »

Mr.Sparkitle wrote: It was one of the models I missed out on.
Same here. I've been looking around for one, they are expensive on Ebay if/when they come up, going for upwards of $250+ Don't think I ca bring myself to paying that much for one right now, new maybe, but used ehh I can hold off for now :cool:
My Sypdies: Persistence , Captain , Manix 2 G10 black, Paramilitary 2, Navigator, Spyderhawk H1, UK Penknife SE in Grey, Maroon, Orange (sheepfoot)
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

Lagarb wrote:$250+
didn't a nib pe one black go for $455 on ebay last year...? :eek:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

guys, getting exited
posted today
sal wrote:The Dodo was Eric's first design. He also engineered the ball bearing lock for the model. It was created to be small powerful general purpose cutting tool.

BTW, there is a sprint run in-the-works that I heard yesteday was getting closer.

sal