The Ladybug!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
realitycheck

The Ladybug!!

Post by realitycheck »

I just want to say I dont normally like knives that small. So I ordered a purple one for one of my wifes anniversary presents. She doesnt normally carry a knife so I wanted something she would carry. She loves this one, she says it so cute and tiny. Now I see what you guys see in these tiny little cutting tools. I couldn't believe how sharp this little arachnid came. It is probably the sharpest i've ever received from them. This is a really cool little knife. Thanks spyderco for offering one even my wife will use. :)
A realitycheck is a time in your life where you do a check of your heart. A time you check where your relationship with God is and where it’s going. Then you make a decision as to where your going from here.

Everyman dies, Few men truly live!
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Yep I really love my small knives. I love my big ones too, but the usefulness of my cricket is awesome. I got get me a new Ladybug, I gave mine to my sister so she would have a knife.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
vito72

Post by vito72 »

realitycheck wrote:I just want to say I dont normally like knives that small. So I ordered a purple one for one of my wifes anniversary presents. She doesnt normally carry a knife so I wanted something she would carry. She loves this one, she says it so cute and tiny. Now I see what you guys see in these tiny little cutting tools. I couldn't believe how sharp this little arachnid came. It is probably the sharpest i've ever received from them. This is a really cool little knife. Thanks spyderco for offering one even my wife will use. :)

One of your wifes?

By the way, ladybug its a great small knife, i think i will buy the new yellow H1
realitycheck

Post by realitycheck »

Hehe, good catch vito. One of her presents.
A realitycheck is a time in your life where you do a check of your heart. A time you check where your relationship with God is and where it’s going. Then you make a decision as to where your going from here.

Everyman dies, Few men truly live!
sal

Post by sal »

I almost always have a Ladybug woith me. Lately I'm been carrying the H1 variant in PE. I use it regularly and sharpen it regularly. It's much more socially friendly to use in public.

sal
fishtale

Post by fishtale »

No matter what other stuff I have with me...this LBK is always in my pocket! Old #081 has been a great companion. I've carried it throughout the US and on a trip to Europe. It is the perfect size for most of my mundane tasks.

I have always liked Ladybug stories for Sal and Co. They usually include some reference to military pilots carrying them in shirt pockets or some big job that was accomplished with the small blade.

I gave my 12 yr old son his first new Spyderco this Christmas...you guessed it, a black PE FRN VG10 LBK! That's a mouthful :)

I'm thrilled that a Salt version is in the works and will be getting a few as soon as they become available.

kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Purple ones are out?? COOL!

I missed their release. Just ordered 4 for presents.

Appreciate the heads up.

Ken
玉鋼
sal

Post by sal »

Military customers have requested Foliage Green Ladybugs, so I guess we'll be adding them to the Ladybug line-up.

sal
MikeSSS

Post by MikeSSS »

I'm sitting here one handing a Ladybug 3 right now. It has turned out to be a lot of fun.

Now I need to get one of the original smaller hole kind and one of the new H1 yellow Ladybugs.

I love the Buck 500 series but the LB is just more fun to play with, it lives in my shirt pocket for easy access. This modern kind of knife is just more practical than the older style knives. The other day I was looking at a Sodbuster and couldn't imagine myself carrying anything that wide but not one handable. Heck, that old school knife was hardly two handable.

Thanks Spyderco for giving us extremely usable knives!
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

i think a g-10 ladybug would be killer!
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
markg

Post by markg »

I got the orange one in pocket right now... :)

I will have to get a purple one too.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

sal wrote:Military customers have requested Foliage Green Ladybugs, so I guess we'll be adding them to the Ladybug line-up.

sal

AWESOME!!! I would love to add Foliage Green Ladybugs to my line up. Just ordered a couple of Purple Ladybugs. these make great gifts
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

I always thought that the Ladybug, in terms of cutting performance per ounce, was spyderco's most efficient folder. Its simply amazing what you can cut with a SE ladybug! It was my first SE spydie, and I ended up using it for my entire move- broke down at least 80-100 boxes with the thing without sharpening. :eek:

I also bought an orange one for my mom, since that is her favorite color, and she loves it!

I'm going to snag an H1 model for sure, but I what I really crave is a ZDP sprint in midnight blue! I think that would be the ultimate little big survival knife, since it would stay sharp 2x as long as a VG10 yet weigh less than an ounce and fit anywhere :cool:
Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

I plan to introduce my girlfriend to Spyderco, and knives in general with the purple ladybug. It seem perfect for her and she approved the colour, the most important factor in her mind :rolleyes:

Lets hope she doesn't use it on me :p
vito72

Post by vito72 »

Like i said in other tread my girlfriend bought a serrated spirit run white ladybug and i was impressed i think i want buy soon some ladybug the new H1 and green foliage will be good i think...
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx for the kind words, it's appreciated.

We've been trying to develop market appreciation for small high performance knives for many years now. It's hard to convince people that a small sharp blade is very useful, easy to carry and socially friendly.

SOOOOoooooo, while we're on the suibject, could I get some opinions?

We have out or in the works:

Purple
H1 Yellow
Foliage Green

I don't know if we can get a small amount of thin ZDP so that could be a tough challenge. If we can, it would have to be British Racing Green to fit the other ZDP models.

We had requests for an H1 version, to which we responded. We've had requests for colors, orange & white were sprints, but I believe our managers decided to keep purple as a regular color.

We've had requests for:

G-10 handle
Carbon Fiber handle
Slip-joint version

Are there any other variations of our Ladybug that you would want to own?

sal
markg

Post by markg »

sal wrote:Thanx for the kind words, it's appreciated.

We've been trying to develop market appreciation for small high performance knives for many years now. It's hard to convince people that a small sharp blade is very useful, easy to carry and socially friendly.

SOOOOoooooo, while we're on the suibject, could I get some opinions?

We have out or in the works:

Purple
H1 Yellow
Foliage Green

I don't know if we can get a small amount of thin ZDP so that could be a tough challenge. If we can, it would have to be British Racing Green to fit the other ZDP models.

We had requests for an H1 version, to which we responded. We've had requests for colors, orange & white were sprints, but I believe our managers decided to keep purple as a regular color.

We've had requests for:

G-10 handle
Carbon Fiber handle
Slip-joint version

Are there any other variations of our Ladybug that you would want to own?

sal
The slipjoint is a natural for this knife and a must have. I would get the H1 version, and the purple.

Carbon Fiber would be cool. I might go with the "shiny' finished variety
however.

I am on the fence about G-10. Once the reality of the price set in, I would more than likely opt for a G-10 Dragonfly.

Hey, how about a trainer!!! ;)

I would have liked the white FRN in PE.

I would get a ZDP-189 version for sure. If in PE.
vito72

Post by vito72 »

I think funny colors in FRN can be a good idea, about G-10 maybe blue or military camo.
Not so muct intresting carbon fiber
And english green ZDP could be good.
But honestly for me VG10 its ok.
Only my opinion. :o
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

sal wrote:Are there any other variations of our Ladybug that you would want to own?

sal
Going to propose something I believe I suggested once before, for the Jester. How about a version of the SS Ladybug with the rearmost 3/4 or so of the handle sabs milled to about half their original thickess to give the effect of front bolsters. Either sell it with scalse installed, or packaged with a small selection of scale materials for user installation, or "bare" and let folks find their own scales. Can imagine SFSW having fun with something like that too.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I think of all the variations I would want a G10 handle the most. I thought about this ever since the Byrd Finch was released in G10. I think it would make it a dress knife that can pull its own weight and more in almost any job.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse