Did I miss this one?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

The Deacon wrote:Odd there was no mention of it in the '09 catalog. On the other hand, Sal does love his little surprises. Would be nice if he or Kristi chimed in, but imagine they're both pretty busy at SHOT.
LOL ... we are brothers in :spyder: 's. Twelve days ago I made same observation at Sal's post at Messerforum:
Peter1960 wrote:Tiny slip joint knife - what's this? I think it's not mentioned in your 2009 product guide. Please Sal, come on and give us more details ... one sleepless month is to much :D
Very observant Peter. We have a new model that will be shown at the SHOT show. It's a very small stainless steel slip joint. More of a "branding" model. It will go into your pocket with your loose change. 33mm blade length, 41mm long closed, 75mm open.

Should be acceptable just about anywhere.

sal
The whole thread at German Messerforum - it's all in English :) (page 3)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

Peter1960 wrote:LOL ... we are brothers in :spyder: 's. Twelve days ago I made same observation at Sal's post at Messerforum:

The whole thread at German Messerforum - it's all in English :) (page 3)
and the winner is PETER1960!! Way to go!
Spyderco Collector #162
PSU

Post by PSU »

araneae wrote:The knifecenter.com blog mentions them being at SHOT. He says the Tiny Slipit retail will be $7.95. They are not yet on their site though...
An $8 retail value, now that's a deal!
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am wondering what is the blade steel :confused: for $7.95?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xdshooter

Post by xdshooter »

I am wondering what is the blade steel for $7.95?
Its a three layer laminate of ZDP 189, CPM M4, and titanium!

COME ON! this is supposed to be a fun little trinket. If you are serious about this steel question, you better not buy it.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

xdshooter wrote:Its a three layer laminate of ZDP 189, CPM M4, and titanium!

COME ON! this is supposed to be a fun little trinket. If you are serious about this steel question, you better not buy it.
It's perfect for slicing raisins, really small raisins.
Spyderco Collector #162
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Cool............. ;)

- regards
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare
JaM

Post by JaM »

Now I have to see my dealer agian.... feel like a drugaddict somtimes !! :D
xdshooter

Post by xdshooter »

It's perfect for slicing raisins, really small raisins.
As a friend said of my wife's Police necklace, "It's great for self defense if you're attacked by a bunch of Pixies."
cr78

Post by cr78 »

xdshooter wrote:I have used poor fish, and haven't had any problems. They did have a goofy sale recently where a dragonfly blade was photoshopped onto an endura 4 handle.
I've used poor fish too, with no problems.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

They are legitimate, a little surprise if you will. We announced them to our Dealers/Distributors on January 1st and we have them here at SHOT Show.

They are little, but just as sharp as any other Spyderco.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

I just picked up a couple of Bugs from SFO ...

If you know of anyone that collects or plays with dolls ... their dolls would love to have their very own Spydercos.

It is just the right scale for about an 18" dolls.

OK, let the wisecracks begin :p

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

Thanks for the pics there, much appreciated. No wisecracks from me, I will say those life like dolls really creep me out. My Mother-in-law has them everywhere in her living room.. I guess I shouldn't have watched Chuckie :)
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

Dang, I may have to take a trip to the SFO to check them out.....I'm due for a visit anyway
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

JspyEDC wrote:I considered it fairly legit when I received the .pdf announcement from Karen, the Spyderco Sales secretary. Hope this eases your mind a little until you hear from a reliable source....
I realize how my post could be misread, I didn't mean any disrespect. As a dealer you are the most reliable source on new models, after all you can hold them in your hand.

It was a failed attempt at a teaser. I have handled the bug and Sal told me about the how & why of this knife.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

Mr Blonde wrote:I realize how my post could be misread, I didn't mean any disrespect. As a dealer you are the most reliable source on new models, after all you can hold them in your hand.

It was a failed attempt at a teaser. I have handled the bug and Sal told me about the how & why of this knife.

Wouter
No offense taken or implied. Now tell us about the how's and why's!!
Spyderco Collector #162