How Many Blades do you EDC?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many Blades do you EDC?

20%
39%
20%
8%
5 or more
12%

Total votes: 137

rainbow stalker

Poll

Post by rainbow stalker »

As of yesterday, Two adopted ladies are residing on my person. The Spyderco forum family is second to none.
Proud to be the adopted father of:

Caly 3 CF
Delica 4 p and ce
Native pe
Tenatious se Bird raven combo
A warm and just thank you for the froum friends who came to me in my time of crisis.It proves that there are still wonderfull human beings in our world.:):)

And still looking for a replacement of my dads Randall 1 combat knife that he left to me. any help would be aapreiceated. I could never afford one, but if any members have any ideas or advice. Please let me know. Thanks
MountainMedic

Post by MountainMedic »

Right front pocket: Rotation but usually a Millie of some variation.
Left front pocket: Endura Wave PE.
Left rear pocket: Endura 1 SE no clip.
IWB: Civilian or CRK Umnumzaan.
Right hip: lm Surge
Keys: Ladybug PE

Note these are for off duty days(on duty I carry a few more :D )
Mike :spyder:
vito72

Post by vito72 »

Usually dragonfly G10 FRN in pocket front but sometimes endura spyderedge ATS55 or D'Allara and i used to care for years at belt huge first model of victorinox swisstools now is sitting in my daily eastpak bag and in coins wallet one swisscard.
Jack142

Post by Jack142 »

I carry one of my spydercos and On my belt is a leatherman. Todays spyderco is the Ed Schemp, although I usually carry a delica with zdp steel, its lighter and easier to carry in the pocket.
take care Jack
JaM

Post by JaM »

rfp: UKPK
rbp: Tenacious PE (great knife ! :spyder :)
keychain: lime green Jester pe :D
coat: Victorinox hunter reddish clear

I'd normally say "just 2", since the Jester on the keychain + the SAK dont count. :D Not everyone understands that though...
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i voted 3 but i really only carry one at a time, i thought the question was how many in rotation which would be 3 different EDCers
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

it really depends. for hikes outdoors, definitely 5 or more. rock salt, SE pacific, spydersaw, tasman SE, and a good PE blade (like the mili or pacific) are musts... plus whatever else i'm feeling like bringing along. Sometimes a Swedish Mora or an Aqua Salt.

out fishing, usually an Aqua Salt, a Pacific or Salt I... and maybe something else. 2-3.

i work at a women's shelter -- only guy on the staff. (And I think, the only guy on staff in a shelter in Alaska!!!). lots of victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, etc. the last thing they need in the shelter is a guy loaded up with knives. i try to be considerate, and usually carry only one spydie, descretely... lately it's been sage, mili, dragonfly, or barong.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Work: 1 knife - ZDP-189 SE Delica in right front scrub pocket.

Home: 2 knives - Victorinox Red Alox Farmer in left pant pocket, Strider RG GB in right front pocket.

Voted 2.

If not for the fact that scrub pockets can get dragged down by bigger knives, I'd carry more.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Getahl

Post by Getahl »

Usually just 2 on my person, though it is technically four.

I always have my PE PacSalt in my pocket, as well as a smaller folder (usually a SAK tinker or a Buck 371 -a stockman). On my keychanin, I have a rambler. It's nice to have scissors and toothpick handy. I have my backpack with me, and I usually only do at work, I have a LM Charge TTi in case I need a pair of plier. My PacSalt gets used the most, though.
Current collection: Black PE Millie, Yellow SE Tasman, Black E4 PE FRN, Yeller Pacific Salt PE, SS Dragonfly PE, Orange FRN Ladybug, Black UKPK
Wishlist: Syderhawk Salt, non-green Rocklobster :)
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Getahl wrote:Usually just 2 on my person, though it is technically four.

I always have my PE PacSalt in my pocket, as well as a smaller folder (usually a SAK tinker or a Buck 371 -a stockman). On my keychanin, I have a rambler. It's nice to have scissors and toothpick handy. I have my backpack with me, and I usually only do at work, I have a LM Charge TTi in case I need a pair of plier. My PacSalt gets used the most, though.
I have the Pacific Black FRN PE i carry everyday,Great knife.
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

I have a main folder in a pocket (these days, a Waved Endura); a neck knife (these days, a Benchmade TK-1 in a homemade kydex sheath); and a small utility "user" (that little Gerber thingie with the replaceable utility blade).

The Gerber gets used the most because hey, I won't have to sharpen it! :p
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
vivi

Post by vivi »

Typical load is 3, though the knives change depending on what I'm doing. A typical load would be a Victorinox Classic on my keychain, BG42 Military IWB and SE Dodo in right front pocket. Lately I've been playing around with two different fixed blades for EDC as well.
KaliGman

Carry

Post by KaliGman »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:lol.....Doc :D
Less than the good Doctor and Vampyrwolf (usually), but more than most people :p
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
gac

Post by gac »

I have two because I invariably set one down and forget it.
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

just one for me. i dont like carrying too much stuff around with me. usually just phone, keys, wallet and knife
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Does blades on multitool and keychain stuff count? If yes then I have 6. Didn't think I'd have that many till I counted it. :eek:
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:lol.....Doc :D
My thoughts exactly!

If by "blades" you mean exactly that (i.e. a stockman counts as three since one knife has three blades) your poll won't cover my average per pocket. :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

at work, 3 or 4, older model delica...rescue 4 ".....cold steel tanto...couple of leathermen. all are well used....out and about depends on my mood........for suit and tie nights my 3 stainlesses a delica, enduro and a harpy.
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

For the past few months, three:

RFP: BM Grip PE
LIWB: D4 PE
Neck: HAK Curvey

Sometimes, Street Beat because it is just so sweet!
EarthDog
JBE

Post by JBE »

One at a time for me right now...either a SE Police 3 or a yellow SE Salt 1 - just depends on how the mood hits me as to which one I carry, though the Police 3 is pretty much my designated duty-carry knife.

However, I foresee my EDC increasing to two with the upcoming release of the purple LB3. :D
Jason