The SPYDER-EDGE: Getting a bum rap?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

When it comes to cutting small branches, vines, weeds, and the like, a SE gets the job done usually with one pass. No matter how sharp I get my PE, it never gets the job done as quickly as the SE. Now when I'm shaving, that's a different story altogether.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Have you tried the Lil Matriarch JD? I adore it!

Most of my tasks only take a short draw cut to complete. For that the SE knives make work too easy. They definitely are more angle sensitive than PE but are a fun way to mix up one's carry rotation.
Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

I have been a spyderco fan for some time, but I am one of those people who hasn't bought a spyder-edge knife yet. I am looking at getting a Dragonfly 2 and am planning on PE. I really like the look of the CE, but have a hard time seeing how a small EDC like this would benefit from the CE. I'm just a tad worried that I would be disappointed for EDC purposes.
I can see how a CE blade would be great for tough cutting chores like small branches, but for EDC?
Please, feel free to convince me I'm wrong!
JD Spydo

Lil Matriarch?? Yeah Bring it on!!!

Post by JD Spydo »

Blerv wrote:Have you tried the Lil Matriarch JD? I adore it!

Most of my tasks only take a short draw cut to complete. For that the SE knives make work too easy. They definitely are more angle sensitive than PE but are a fun way to mix up one's carry rotation.
No BLERV I haven't got to try out the Lil Matriarch yet>> but I'm anxious to do so~~ The economy has taken away some of my wild spending in the past 3 years but I'm slowing making up for lost ground :D

You're about the 4th person to ask me that and I'm going to make it a point to snag one before "April Fool's Day". I'm even going to move it from my "Want List" to my "Gotta Have" list and then I'll also put it on "urgent high priority".

If it's a Spyderedged Hawkbill it's already a winner as far as I'm concerned. Whether or not it will dethrone the Harpy as being my primary Hawkbill companion blade remains to be seen. But I'm truly wanting to try it out for sure.

I love my old, original VG-10, vintage 2002 Matriarch so much that it's on my "untouchable" list>> which means it can't be sold, traded or bartered. And there aren't many of my Spyders on that list just to let you all know how much I love the original Matriarch.

Most people tend to not like what they don't understand. And the reason most people don't try to understand Serrated, Spyderedged blades has to do with a fear of change. I'll be the very first to admit that when I got my first Spyder i.e. full SE Mariner I was a bit skeptical at first. And then it took a while before I got the hang of it.

But YES I will give it a try for sure.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!