C95 big Manix sprint run in dark blue G-10?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
catamount

C95 big Manix sprint run in dark blue G-10?

Post by catamount »

If I could have only one :spyder: folder, my Manix would be it. It is a tough, rugged beast of a knife that will handle most anything you throw at it. Thanks to the superb ergonomics, it also works surprisingly well for finer, more delicate, tasks.

I know that sales didn't support continuing regular production, but I think there is still demand among afis that wasn't satisfied by the FG sprint run. Sal has said that dark blue G-10 is in the works. I think another sprint run in this color would go over very well.

Please don't make it CE, though. Original black C95s in CE can still be found fairly readily, but the PE is a rare bird.

S30V is fine with me, but I certainly wouldn't mind CPM D2, S90V or some other exotic steel.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Dark Blue G10 :D !!!!!

Yes please and on the Large Manix PE would make a wonderful EDC blade.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

oooh yes!!, I got full size black manix now, and I got a black mini-manix and FG Sprint run Manix both coming to me monday, I could for sure go for the blue-G-10 manix as well.... Manix forever!!!!
Spyderskin A.K.A. hissatsu1 :spyder:
Blood Soaked Serrations!, Thats how I roll...:cool:
vivi

Post by vivi »

If it were done I'd like it to be in one of the more "exotic" blade steels.
:unicorn
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Vivi wrote:If it were done I'd like it to be in one of the more "exotic" blade steels.
Then it would be about $200 which would make it most unaffordable to most.

I LOVE Spyderco but I will not purchase anything that costs over $130. I just can't do it. For that reason I will never own a Rock Lobster, a special Military, many of the Kopa's. The new Native 4, etc.

I do love dark blue but I think they have about enough sprint runs going on right now. So many that the average Joe cannot keep up. :eek:
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Sadly, I doubt they will do another sprint-run of the Big Manix. I wouldn't mind a sprint of the Mini, though. In fact, I think a blue G-10 Mini Manix in CPM D2 would be sweet!
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

Another Manix - Yes

Though I really do not care for the Manx, the smaller one, that bobbed thing just throws me, it came off as sort of bulbous to me.

Plain Edge or Serrated Edge not Combo Edge or throw a curve ball, and make a Combo Edge with the Serrated Part in the front ala Vnox and Mad Dog...

Dark Blue G-10, I don't know.

Premium Steel is Good, but maybe a focus on Affordability, with a Strong Performer, like 440C or CPM 154 though I don't know what the price on that might be.

Maybe this one can be a hybrid, halfway between the MBC stuff like the ATR and Temperance.... Drill Grip Change Circles, maybe add a Cobra Hood?

I don't know, just thought I would throw a few things out....
markg

Post by markg »

I agree with David...

Given current economic realities... You can just get too many of these Sprint Runs going, which is just not going to be good for anyone.

That being said, I believe the FG Manix Sprint Run did pretty well (at least what I can see, I don't see a ton left over) so in a perfect world, I think it would work.
El Tigre

Post by El Tigre »

Would be cool :cool: :
_ a bunch of big manix in dark blue G-10, plain edge.
_ another little bunch of big manix in FG, but in full spyderedge.

"El Tigre"
Folding knives can be classified in two large groups: Spydercos and the rest!

Please be patient, I dont speak english properly.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

El Tigre wrote:Would be cool :cool: :
_ a bunch of big manix in dark blue G-10, plain edge.
_ another little bunch of big manix in FG, but in full spyderedge.

"El Tigre"
That would be REALLY COOL :cool: :cool:

I got rid of my Big Manix/CE because of the funny 3 serration combo edge :( :(

A Manix in full SpyderEdge would be the perfect knife for me.

As the matter of fact I nagged Sal's head about it on a regular basis from 2004 when I discovered Spyderco 'till the day they got discontinued :p

Man, that would be a dream come through :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

catamount wrote: S30V is fine with me, but I certainly wouldn't mind CPM D2, S90V or some other exotic steel.
I think this project would deserve CPM-M4

I'm in.

Ken
玉鋼
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

datan wrote:Dark Blue G10 :D !!!!!

Yes please and on the Large Manix PE would make a wonderful EDC blade.

I am defintly in Dark Blue G-10 pe
or even Dark Blue Mini would be nice :D
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

I would be tempted to buy one. I'm with David though, it would have to be one of the cheaper (but still super) steels.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

I would love to see them come out with a Dark Blue PE in S90V Steel :eek:
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

The Manix is one of my favorite Spydercos. I would be all over a dark blue one. The full size Manix is a tad to big for my everyday use so I would like to see a mini made.
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

I would buy two if offered.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
vivi

Post by vivi »

I think if you can afford a 130$ knife you can probably find another 70$ somewhere. :D
:unicorn
Fred Sanford

Lol

Post by Fred Sanford »

Vivi wrote:I think if you can afford a 130$ knife you can probably find another 70$ somewhere. :D
True. I can. I however refuse to do so. That's my stopping point. Otherwise, where do I stop? $200? $260? $500? $1800.

There is a point of diminishing returns when you are dealing with form follows function. I am a fan of form following funtion. I am not a fan of form just exploding in addition to function......but that's an entire other thread. :)

So.....unless it's $130 or lower, I'm out.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'd love to see a big , tough knife like the manix in a steel like Cruware ( crucible's vascowear), or even 3V. Cruware is both tougher, and more wear resistant than S30,D2, 154cm , 440C. It's getting up there in wear resistance with S90V, but toughness on the order of A2, and that's at RC62.

It's not very corrosion resistant though. 3V has pretty good wear resistance, and excellent toughness, but it too doesn't keep up with the stainless steels in corrosion resistance.

Unfortunately they would be expensive, though how much more than S30V I don't know. They are all crucible's powder steel process.

The new stainless S110V looks good, and might be a canidate for a large, tough folder like a Manix. Imagine wear resistance like S90V, with almost S30V toughness. It is corrosion resistant like S30/S90V.

Sure, I'd love a Spyderco folder made of CPM M4. It's a wonderfull steel in both folders and fixed blades. The folder I have is coated, but that isn't necessessary for me, unlike some others.

I've been trying to perfect my home, cold bluing process before I attempt to blue my 52100 Mule #1. Cold blue is easy, but it sure doesn't produce what you can do with proper hot blue tank & salts. With any bluing, finish of the steel is vital.

Every now and then I don't mind posting my desire for this stuff, but don't want to bother Sal with it. He's already doing a lot for us steel junkies and doesn't need pestering or encouragement. The CPM M4 mules , ZDP, S90V, CPM D2, etc. are proof of his position.

Like Sal always says "All good, just different". Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

How about a sprint run of every favorite G10 knife in ORANGE
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D