Who EDCs their first spydie still?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
squad314

Post by squad314 »

thread wrote:I know what you mean - I have to force myself to replace my SE navigator with one of my slippies every once in a while. really tough, versatile little cutter, no?
You said it thread......I bought my Nav on a climbing trip with my buddy flipe8.He was always carrying one of those funny looking knives with the hole in the blade and reading about them on the internet.The rest as they say is history,and here I am many dollars and hours spent later.....Still one of my faves years later. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mattexian

Post by Mattexian »

Not quite, my black FRN Delica is sitting out a nice retirement in the chest o' drawers, I couldn't quite get used to the Native, so finally ordered a D4 in FG last fall, been carrying that one fairly constantly since. Something about the size of the Delica seems to fit my hand much better, without weighing down the pocket. Plus, I can twirl it by the hole (closed) when bored, something I couldn't do with the Native! :p

Matt in Tx
Recovering BoyScout(TM), now doing GoodTurns(TM) fortnightly!
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

Yes I do, it was a gift from a good friend, Native SE FRN and I get kind of antsy when I don't have it :spyder:
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
pedropcola

Post by pedropcola »

This thread made me go find my Jess Horn Lightweight. I stropped it, very sharp, cut some stuff and jammed it into my pocket. I used to love this knife. I still do but I recognize its shortcomings and it will never hang out as much as it used to with me.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I still carry my ZDP E4 that Tom Krein FFG'd for me. Granted, I've only been into Spydies for about a year-and-a-half.

Yes, I bought a ZDP model as my first serious knife. :eek: I was advised against that choice by folks on this very forum. Let me tell you, it was hard to sharpen! That's what I get, though. :rolleyes: :)
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

EDC'd my first one today, a Salt 1 PE with yellow handle.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

SE Endura from around 92 or so. Still has FRN clip intact , and looks good. I bring it out and carry it on occasion. I rotate through enduras, which I always carry. I typicallyl will have a second knife somwhere tucked away on my person and that one changes quite often. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Kev-Man

Post by Kev-Man »

My first :spyder: was a Caly Jr. which I picked up in '99. It got displaced by my Black ATR but it rides in my truck and gets used to open mail and stuff when got to the PO or other misc duties.

Kev.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I still HAVE my first Spydie but never carry it anymore:

Salt 1 PE which I bought around 2004 before I knew full SpyderEdge is sooo much better ;) :D
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
vivi

Post by vivi »

Traded away my first (Delica 4) because I found other models that I thought were more ergonomic.
:unicorn
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

My first Spydie was a Harpy....one of the first produced. She served me faithfully for many years while off duty. Unfortunately she now resides in a locked Pelican case in my storage unit. I'm seriously thinking about buying and EDCing a Superhawk, P-Kal, or a PE Civilian if I can find one. I got hooked on the Harpy blade design, and I miss it so.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

My first Spydie was a Byrd robin and i am carring it right now on a traing course in Germany.

Sixheads
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Lost my first one...

Still carry the replacement Delica in my carpenter pants.

Sverre
Shike

Post by Shike »

I have always loved the Endura and it was my first :spyder: . Purchased a few months after they were first introduced. Unfortunately for me, I lost it. I gave that knife a real beating and it just kept coming back for more. I was sold on the brand by then. Now, I feel it was my way of introducing someone else to the :spyder: :D
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

My first one was a Delica 3/PE - about 30+ :spyder: ago :eek: AND about 6 Delicas ago...... Yes, every once in a while I EDC it for old times sake :D
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

I still carry my 1st Spyderco, a Native III PE. Still my overall favorite knife, even over the Seb and XM-18.

It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crocodilo

Post by Crocodilo »

My first Spydie, an old Dragonfly (mid-90s?) resides in my car. Does that count as EDC?
:spyder: 7 Millies, 4 Paras, 2 Calys, 2 Enduras, 1 Chinook, 1 Manix, 1 Delica, 1 UKPK, 1 Tasman, 1 D'fly
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

I have bought three or four Spidies till i actually started to use my Chinook as my EDC. No thats not my EDC today since i grew a big interset in the Millies and Manix but any way i cant speak for anyone but my self but sometimes my EDC is like the current stock market, It sometimes changes!!! :eek:
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Manix Guy 2

Nice Thread Tony

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

C44 Dyad was my 1st still carry it quite often . It has taken a back seat to the Stretch II and the new Police but I still go to it because it works so well for me after all this time . Just love a double blade . MG2