Give me your thoughts on CIVILIAN..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Maybe I was a bit too sarcastic there...sorry :o ....My best advice would be not to trust your life on thrusting the Civilian, use it as it was intended...a slashing instrument and you should be fine......Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

You know this model has always eluded me, some what. I had the opportunity to get some hand time with one(Civi) yesterday. Now I have been one who likes to point my way through an obstacle :rolleyes: , but this knife is definately one that deserves its due. I will say that I believe that to get the most out of this knife, training is a good idea. This is not to say that an untrained person could not ruin a day with the Civi, but to get the most out of its limitations, once again a good idea.

Well built and as long as the user understands the limitations of the design, the Civi has a track record for helping good people make it another day. Although it would not be my first line defensive knife, for what it is worth, it has gained my respect. Take care all and God Bless.
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

Far too aggressive for my taste, to use the Tasman salt is one thing, I understand the engineering, but for SD I would choose others...like a .45 ACP :D
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

I got you covered there too.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:You could gently penetrate your palm flesh with a safety pin..but I wouldn't want to fight with it....Doc :D

Is that a challenge, you with a safety pin and me with a Civy? :D You'd still probably win, unless you could only use the pin.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Civilian wrote:Is that a challenge, you with a safety pin and me with a Civy? :D You'd still probably win, unless you could only use the pin.
Well if I only had a safety pin I'd be in trouble....maybe If I could use a Hat Pin I'd call it fair...Wait I have an Idea...I challenge you with my knitting needles....LOL Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

Thanks guys for all the feedback, Civilian came yesterday... I must say I love it.. Though I had to give up my Caly 3 for it.. I believe it was worth it.... Its for sure a slashing weapon only.. I am enjoying training with it....
Spyderskin A.K.A. hissatsu1 :spyder:
Blood Soaked Serrations!, Thats how I roll...:cool: