Idea

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stephen Lee

Idea

Post by Stephen Lee »

I was thinkin of a knife that is marketed as unbreakable... At least in a folder. Well made yea of course. Something like the "HULK", "SUPERMAN", "Yippie Ky Ya Mo Fo" what knife is marketed as that. I think together with our likes and dislikes, our reasonings but with the "strongest of the strong" in mind. We could come up the the best. Kinda like what would the modern version of the "300" Spartins Army carry.... in a folder? Just to get this Idea started I think we should start with the guts and work our way out. Really think about this all the spec's of a folder. Dont make this a quick response lets make it the best. Lets stamp this on it :spyder:
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Bring back the original chinook. Just TRY and break it.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The Chinook and the Manix are way tough but honestly, I don't think they are any tougher then my Phoenix (which is smaller and a touch lighter). That thing is a little tank of a knife. Between the Titanium and the BBL I can't imagine anything stronger.

Ken
玉鋼
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I was thinkin of a knife that is marketed as unbreakable...
Nothing is unbreakable. Folders are even more difficult to make tough than fixed blade knives.

More strength means things like , bigger, thicker, heavier, better materials, higher costs.

There are already plenty of huge, tough knives on the market. Probably more than there are dedicated buyers.

Another way of doing it is to charge enough for the knife to pay for future replacements that might happen. There are some companies that do just that.

I just don't see this as Spyderco's niche in the market. Sharper, more bang for the buck, etc., but "unbreakable"? Being as that term is nothing more than marketing hype I don't see it. Hype isn't a spyderco speciality. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Vicarious Reality

Post by Vicarious Reality »

I really like my Pocket Bushman
Dem tings be mine:
PE blue Yojimbo ~ PE blue Dodo ~ ZDP PE Delica ~ s30v Native ~ Military ~ Aus Dragonfly ~ Endura4 ~ Yellow Salt 1 ~ Yellow Pacific Salt ~ 3 byrds and a lot of Cold Steel, Benchmade, Glock, Mora, KA-BAR, Kanetsune, SOG, CRKT, Schrade and misc. crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]