Hawkbill ladybug??! Someone interested???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PaloArt

Hawkbill ladybug??! Someone interested???

Post by PaloArt »

I was thinking that little 2 inch long hawkbill blade in handle as on jester or ladybug could be cool. I think there were some threads but I can´t find it.

Soooo let´s think about it... Maybe I am the only one who wants cheaplittlesweethawkbill :spyder: but maybe I am not alone.... hope so.

Let´s go guys and girls (I mean agent Starling and another ones who likes hawkies...:rolleyes :) .

Pink, orange, blue frn... ;)

Pavel
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Make it SS SE and I'm in! :)
Billy

Post by Billy »

I think it would be an extremely useful knife. I have come to prefer my hawkies in a smaller package such as the Boker Subclaw. It's about the perfect shape to be a package opener, tag snipper, letter opener, etc. I would also like to see it offered in PE, again, like the Subclaw which is just such a handy, useful little knife. Colored FRN would also be really nice - Rescue orange/blue, pink, yellow, etc. Keep the price under $50 and put me down for two or three (one for me, my wife and my daughter).
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Personally I think it's just too small to do any good for me. I just have such large hands that it's almost impossible for me to get good use out of a regular ladybug without a lanyard and making very sure that I don't slip off the small hole and slice my finger open.

I personally want to stay away from making knives smaller and smaller. If I want a small hawkbill I'll go wiht a Harpy. THat's about as small as I want to go. If I want to go with a smaller hawkbill I'll just get a pruning knife like something from Victorinox.

I think right now Spyderco has the small knife field covered. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
LowTEC

Post by LowTEC »

David Lowry wrote:Personally I think it's just too small to do any good for me. I just have such large hands that it's almost impossible for me to get good use out of a regular ladybug without a lanyard and making very sure that I don't slip off the small hole and slice my finger open.

I personally want to stay away from making knives smaller and smaller. If I want a small hawkbill I'll go wiht a Harpy. THat's about as small as I want to go. If I want to go with a smaller hawkbill I'll just get a pruning knife like something from Victorinox.

I agree, despite how much I want to have a small pocket hawkbill, I have to vote against a lady bug size one. I think it has to do with the pull slicing/ripping nature of a hawkbill design, the hand will be slipped off the handle easily if one can not get a full grip of the handle
LBK3S|C52BK|C106PYL|745|943|C08CFS|C52m|C36GPBK|C10GPFG|1003UBK2|14210|C123CFP|C81FG
C28WH|1600DAM|C105|RC4S|C51GPFG|1735OR|830675|C90CF|C123TIP|CS97KMS|BRKT-CS|BRKT-MC
BRKT-LC3V|C101XHP
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

David Lowry wrote:Personally I think it's just too small to do any good for me. I just have such large hands that it's almost impossible for me to get good use out of a regular ladybug without a lanyard and making very sure that I don't slip off the small hole and slice my finger open.

I don't think the problem is that a Ladybug sized hawkbill would be too small per se, but rather that any knife in the ladybug size is too small for you. I don't see this being a problem for those individuals who don't have an issue using the ladybug knife.

I think this would be a great idea. The hawkbills can get more slice on the pulling motion than other blade types, making the blade type ideal for smaller blades.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
DRod

Post by DRod »

I love my Ladybug and would be on board for a HawkBug. :)
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
araneae

Post by araneae »

p.jester84 wrote:I was thinking that little 2 inch long hawkbill blade in handle as on jester or ladybug could be cool. I think there were some threads but I can´t find it.

Pavel
Here you go...

1. http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ll+ladybug

2. http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ll+ladybug

3. http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ll+ladybug
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

I'd go for a FFG Ladybug hawk in some colored FRN. Maybe green??? I could see that being very useful. Like David, I have large hands, but I have no trouble with my orange Ladybug at all. You don't hold it like a full sized knife, of course, but it's a great little cutter when you don't have something larger at hand. I think a hawk would be even more effective in this size.

I'm in!

Ken
玉鋼
Phalanx7.62

Post by Phalanx7.62 »

It's not a Ladybug, but I drew a hawk-cricket.

Agent Starling

alternative for the antsy...

Post by Agent Starling »

Soooo let´s think about it... Maybe I am the only one who wants cheaplittlesweethawkbillbut maybe I am not alone.... hope so.

Let´s go guys and girls (I mean agent Starling and another ones who likes hawkies...).
For a quick mini hawkbill fix try CLB Subclaw...inexpensive but by no means cheap in terms of quality!

Agent Starling :cool:
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."